Majesty of the Seas Review! 2/6

Jes0814

Thanks for your review Jenna, we are just planning our first Majesty trip. Oddly, I've booked the Family suite #1549 and no one has any info! is that silly or what? So stay tunned. When you got to Nassau at night were you allowed off of the ship? or did everyone have to wait? that is so strange that you spent the night at port, does that happen often? I would rather float around at sea.

Hi Jenna,

I will be taking my 3 kids 13, 14, 17 on the Majesty next week. What shouldn't they miss?

They should check out deck 11- back of the ship..there is a sports court with a basketball hoop and ping pong tables. The sooner they spot these, the more time they will have to play. Many people don't find it until after the muster drill when everyone is settled in.

They should also check out Sorrento's pizza on deck 12. There is only pizza there, yet there were sometimes in the Windjammer when none of the food appealed to me.

There is also a soft serve machine on the pool deck that is a good alternative to the ice cream place on board that costs money!

Have a great cruise and enjoy!

how were the temps? do you know how the water temperatures were there in the bahamas? going feb 23 and would love to be able to get in the ocean; hopefully itll be warm enough.

Its was mid/high 60's the first two nights, yet the wind made it colder. I always had a long sleeve shirt or Jacket on. Inside the ship was also quite chilly, however nothing compared to the Caribbean cruise last July on the Adventure. There was a "cold front" however and that many have been why it was chilly. The last day was very nice, mid 70's and lucky we were in nassau! We did not go in the water at all so I have no info on the water temps. Sorry! I'll hope for warmth for you!

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for your review Jenna, we are just planning our first Majesty trip. Oddly, I've booked the Family suite #1549 and no one has any info! is that silly or what? So stay tunned. When you got to Nassau at night were you allowed off of the ship? or did everyone have to wait? that is so strange that you spent the night at port, does that happen often? I would rather float around at sea.

All i know about the family suite is that it is on deck 10 starboard side right behind the elevators.

In Nassau, after we were all tied up, we could go off the ship. I am not sure if many did get off, but I totally agree with you, I would love to just float around in the open sea! it was quite odd to be already docked when we went to bed, yet it was a new experience!

I do not go to the teen club nor have I ever on any RCCL cruise. I did not get the cruise compass for my age, yet I have recieved them on previous cruises. Sorry I don't have any to share.

There were listings, however, of teen rock climbs and other teen activities in the regular cruise compass.

I am sure your 17 year old would be fine exploring the ship alone but my best advice would be to explore the ship together right away and become familiar with every place and then you'll be able to know where they are going and where they will be...and don't forget that there are many public phones that you can use to call rooms so they can tell you where there are, etc.

I just got off the Majesty of the Seas this morning from the three night trip. This weekend the weather was perfect! we had a nice day at Coco Cay - I did the kayaking excursion and it was really nice! The water temps are still a bit chilly (I live in Florida so I might be a bit biased LOL) In Nassau I walked to the Queen's Staircase, up the stairs and around the corner to the fort. It's a great view from up there. The Carnival Glory was blocking my view of the Majesty, though.

I ate all dinners in the dining room and the food was very good. Breakfasts and lunches in Windjammer were good, too. I had some pizza from Sorrentos as well. Never made it to Johnny Rockets and I didn't know about the Compass Deli (next time!) Coffee in The Windjammer was better than the coffee in the dining room, but if you want really good coffee, buy one at Latte-tudes.

All the staff were great - friendly and helpful! This was my first trip on Royal Caribbean and I enjoyed it.

I just got off the Majesty of the Seas this morning from the three night trip. This weekend the weather was perfect! we had a nice day at Coco Cay - I did the kayaking excursion and it was really nice! The water temps are still a bit chilly (I live in Florida so I might be a bit biased LOL) In Nassau I walked to the Queen's Staircase, up the stairs and around the corner to the fort. It's a great view from up there. The Carnival Glory was blocking my view of the Majesty, though.

I ate all dinners in the dining room and the food was very good. Breakfasts and lunches in Windjammer were good, too. I had some pizza from Sorrentos as well. Never made it to Johnny Rockets and I didn't know about the Compass Deli (next time!) Coffee in The Windjammer was better than the coffee in the dining room, but if you want really good coffee, buy one at Latte-tudes.

All the staff were great - friendly and helpful! This was my first trip on Royal Caribbean and I enjoyed it.

I am glad to hear that you had a good cruise! My favorite place to eat on the Majesty is compass deli, but you'll know for next time. One of the greatest things about compass deli is the fact that many people don't know about it! Thanks for your input and hopefully you'll cruise with RC again!:)

Another thing, I know you didnt go to many dinners in the dining room, but how were the kids dressed?

The kids were dressed fairly nice. Some kids were really dressed up for formal night, yet on the other 2 casual nights, girls wore cute tops/jeans or dress pants and boys were dressed in polos and khaki shorts mainly.

casual nights are pretty open anyway and there are many different outfits in the dining room each night!

Happy Cruising!

Its was mid/high 60's the first two nights, yet the wind made it colder. I always had a long sleeve shirt or Jacket on. Inside the ship was also quite chilly, however nothing compared to the Caribbean cruise last July on the Adventure. There was a "cold front" however and that many have been why it was chilly. The last day was very nice, mid 70's and lucky we were in nassau! We did not go in the water at all so I have no info on the water temps. Sorry! I'll hope for warmth for you!

Enjoy your cruise!

thank you for your information! i sure hope itll be warm, but im sure it will be compared to missouri!:p

Hey Marcia when are you going on the Majesty? We were on the Mariner with you last year.........

Archived