Grand's kids program?

HeartofTexas

I would love to hear from those of you who recently sailed on the Grand with your children what your thoughts were of the kids program as well as any tips such as good in room sitters, etc. We are taking our 6 and 4 year old on their first cruise and I feel like a newbie in this department.

We have taken our grandaughters on four cruises, two of them with Princess since they were 8 and 6. The Princess childrens program is excellent. The kids were active and entertained all day. They had special dinners in the evening that allowed us to dine by ourselves. Their activities lasted until about 10 or 11 at night so that you did not need a sitter. We did not use a sitter from the ship, but I am sure they are very good. You have to pick up your children during lunch break and dinner when they don't have their special dinner night. If the children are active in the program, they will receive keepsake items, and could win lots more stuff during their competition games.

Enjoy your cruise.

we were on the 11/13 sailing with 4 grandkids, 7,8,9 & 2 yrs. 7 months.

There were 69 kids on the sailing so the Kid's Zone was not busy at all. They activities, our kids liked and even stayed on board while we were in Cozumel. I was VERY surprised at that as they usually want to hang with us.

The disco night was fun, don't know who what the most fun us or the kids.

I would have to say the staff person in charge needs to lighten up and get down in the floor and have some fun. The staff was nice, but didn't get involved with the kids as I've seen on other cruises.

Nancy

The two formal nights the kids have dinner. They take one side of the Horizon Court that is closed for the kids to eat.

Disco night is from 8:00 to 9:00 only the kids are allowed in the disco, a discjockey plays music and they played the freeze game. Instead of musical chairs, you dance until the music stops and you have to freeze. If you move your out.

The other game is called ports of call. I'll let you see how that one works, good fun. Take your camara!

Nancy

Archived