RCI- $14.95 filet steak in Main Dining room

steviek49

Just read on the RCI board that RCI will begin having a filet steak option on the Main Dining Room Menu for $14.95.

It seems like not too long ago extra charge alternative restaurants began.

Now extra charge menu item on the MDR menu. NCL takes alot of heat for xtra-charges for most of their alternative restaurants and spa passes and maybe some shows on the new "EPIC"

What do others think about this? Do you think NCL and other cruiselines will follow?

Just read on the RCI board that RCI will begin having a filet steak option on the Main Dining Room Menu for $14.95.

Now extra charge menu item on the MDR menu. NCL takes alot of heat for xtra-charges for most of their alternative restaurants and spa passes and maybe some shows on the new "EPIC"

What do others think about this? Do you think NCL and other cruiselines will follow?

I think if you read the Carnival Section of Cruisecritic you will see that ALOT of loyal RCI customers are trying Carnival for the first time and liking it because RCI prices are getting higher and higher. I think this is just one more reason for people to try another cruiseline. Their is a Thread running on the Carnival Section of CC right now that someone looked up the EXACT SAME cruise including dates and stops on What will be Carnival's newest ship "THE DREAM" and RCI "OASIS OF THE SEAS" for a Balcony cabin for 2 people and RCI was $2,000 MORE then the BRAND NEW Carnival ships..:o Don't get me wrong, I have sailed RCI and like their product but I think they are going to hit some BIG WAVES in the near future as people are cutting back some and they keep building these huge ships ON CREDIT..

This is not new

It is an additional option to what they already offer in the main dinning room

it is not a new charge, just an option

it would be like ncl offering a cagneys steak in the mdr for 14.95

a good way to keep specialty dining kid free

At first, when I read about the new charge I was like. OMG..here we go..what everyone feared. But then when I read it was just to allow you to order a steak offered in the specialty restaurants , and a way a family could "order from the specialty restaurant" but have their kids in the main dining room, I thought it was an excellent idea. They still offer a steak on the MDR menu that can be ordered every day, so at least at this point, it's not hurting anyone.

Archived