Tabyana Beach & Dolphin Encounter

blondie99

Hi,

For those who have done the Tabyana Beach & Dolphin Encounter thru NCL, can you tell me what the schedule is and how it works? I'm asking because I am in a wheelchair and have to arrange different transportation, so I need to know what time it meets at the pier, how long it takes and when does the group leave to return to the pier. Also, what is the process for the dolphin encounter and do they start it as soon as you get there?

Also, out of curiousity, does the group go there in a bus?

Thanks!

Hi Blondie;

I did this excursion last year but on a Carnival cruise. The photo you see for me was taken on the excursion. I can tell you it's a great thing to do, I have nothing bad to say about any of it. The dolphin part - you're taken to Anthony's Key, a beautiful resort that has a large number of dolphins. You're put on a small boat and taken across the lagoon to where the dolphins are. There's a covered area to leave your bags, etc, and you're put into groups of 6-8, then brought down to the cove. You meet your trainer, and he/she brings you out about waist deep where you meet "your" dolphin. You spend about 30 minutes with it, and the trainer will let you get your own camera at some point. You interact with the dolphin the whole time, as it's swimming around (and through) your group. You pet it, later on hold it and kiss/get kissed (for the photographer). When you're done, you're taken back across the lagoon to the gift shop where you can buy the professional photos. Then you're bussed over to Tabyana Beach -and the ride is beautiful, have your camera ready. The beach is what you think EVERY tropical beach should be, you'll love it. And there's changing rooms, a bar, restaurant, showers, gift shop... You'll love the whole deal!!

Archived