B2B turnaround day

seattlecruiser

We will be on the Coral Princess in May for a B2B to Alaska...Vancouver, Whittier, Vancouver. Can someone tell be what to expect on turnaround day? Will we need to get off the ship? We are staying in the same cabins so no move will be necessary. Also, when departing from Vancouver does one go through US immigration at the first Alaska port or is this done on board? Thanks.

I did this this summer on the Dawn Princess with turnaround day in Whittier also. It was so easy.

A few days before the end of the cruise - I was sent a letter with instructions for turnaround day. Basically it said which restaurants would be open and the times they would be open, it told me to bring the 2nd weeks cruise tickets down to the Purser's Desk the last day of the first cruise and with the instructions there was a "Passenger in Transit" green card which you are supposed to have with you on turn-around day if you leave the ship. There is also a request at some point on turn-around day to go to where you leave the ship and have your picture taken with your new cards. I believe the new cruise cards were delivered to the cabin also.

They stated that the shipboard account would carry over to the following week so I only had one charge on my credit card for my 2 weeks on the ship.

There was no need to do any customs or immigration. I was not told I had to leave the ship or anything. It was like I had the ship to myself that day. Actually, there were about 12 of us and I met them in the dining room for lunch that day.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I was on the Coral Princess to Alaska 2 summers ago and I love that ship!

Archived