Carnival Freedom w/ 21 month old... pool question...

Chriz

Does anyone know if the Carnival Freedom has a little wade pool for the little ones who are not yet potty trained. I was looking for something like they have on the Liberty of the Seas. It was just abut 2-3 inch deep water in a little pool area just for the babies.

We know the rules for the other pools so no need to stir up any concerns about putting her in those other pools since she is not allowed.

• 2 months later...

I will be on Carnival Freedom in 3 weeks - I have no children myself, but my DS is bringing her three. I noticed that you have gone on your cruise and wondered what you ended up doing - did you bring a wading pool for your 21 m/o and where you used it if you did? Thanks!

We just returned from the Freedom with our 17 month old and did bring a small "Duckie" inflatable bathtub that we used on deck for her to splash in while we were lounging in the sun.

She loved it.

We set up "camp" near one of the fresh water showers and it was easy to fill and empty. The water warmed up very quickly on deck and it worked out great.

It compacts very well so it doesn't take up a lot of extra space in your luggage. It was definitely worth it for us.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the concern with non-potty trained kids in the pool? Why can't they simply wear a swim diaper? We've all been to public pools and seen kids in swim diapers - they let the urine out but keep the solids in. What is the off chance that they leak solids? Also, if my son is almost potty trained, are they going to tell me he can't go in the pool?

Archived