Carnival Conquest 1003 or 1004

islasisterchick

Looking at booking some of the last rooms on Conquest for certain date. It says these rooms are ocean view, but they are in an inside category. Also says the beds don't make into a king(only twins.) That's ok with me as I'm going with my child only. But can anyone tell me if this is ocean view and if there are any other draw backs to these cabins on the panorama deck (1003 or 1004)than the twin bed thing? The appear to be really big cabins.

Looking at booking some of the last rooms on Conquest for certain date. It says these rooms are ocean view, but they are in an inside category. Also says the beds don't make into a king(only twins.) That's ok with me as I'm going with my child only. But can anyone tell me if this is ocean view and if there are any other draw backs to these cabins on the panorama deck (1003 or 1004)than the twin bed thing? The appear to be really big cabins.

the cabin is a handicapped cabin and the beds sit headboard to headboard. there is a call cord by the headboard of the first bed as you walk into the room- (make sure your kids know about this cord and what it is for)

there is a window in the room- the reason carnival configured these cabins to inside is because they are obstructed---your view will be of a wall of the outside deck - this deck is opened for all passengers but very few know its there so its almost like having your own private deck- you cant take chairs outthere because its windy.

Here is some pics we taken on the Liberty- same class ship so the cabin will be identical

http://travel.webshots.com/album/548278080jXyEHP

• 5 months later...

I actually stayed on the Conquest in room 1003. I was solo and didn't know how they would have bed/beds set up for me. They had the twins set up as a king! Bed was comfy comfy I thought...course maybe that was because I was so dog tired at the end of every night. Room was waaaaaaaay spacious. I loved it! Only only draw back was we went through some choppy waters the next day after sailing and I got a little sea sick (woke up that way). I HAD to stay out of my room and find somewhere more towards the middle of the ship and a little more farther down to hang out at. The staff said that the waters weren't normally like that. They were right because the rest of the trip it was mostly okay after that. I have pics if ya want....just let me know :)

• 10 months later...
I actually stayed on the Conquest in room 1003. I was solo and didn't know how they would have bed/beds set up for me. They had the twins set up as a king! Bed was comfy comfy I thought...course maybe that was because I was so dog tired at the end of every night. Room was waaaaaaaay spacious. I loved it! Only only draw back was we went through some choppy waters the next day after sailing and I got a little sea sick (woke up that way). I HAD to stay out of my room and find somewhere more towards the middle of the ship and a little more farther down to hang out at. The staff said that the waters weren't normally like that. They were right because the rest of the trip it was mostly okay after that. I have pics if ya want....just let me know :)

Hi, I would be interested in your pics of this cabin as I am contemplating this cabin on the Glory. Was the view pretty blocked as they call it obstructed or do you see the deck wall. We will be two adults and would hope the twin beds could be made up as a king. Thanks for your help.

Chris

Hi, I would be interested in your pics of this cabin as I am contemplating this cabin on the Glory. Was the view pretty blocked as they call it obstructed or do you see the deck wall. We will be two adults and would hope the twin beds could be made up as a king. Thanks for your help.

Chris

the whole view will be a wall.

2523144570062547426hOPFvL_th.jpg

2523361550062547426dCCJGH_th.jpg

2974069000062547426pkcMdf_th.jpg

1003 is a handicapped room- I' am very surprised to hear the beds went together. They are usually bolted to the floor head board to head board

• 1 year later...
we have booked 1004 on the Vctory and have conflicting reports on the bed configuration. Can the beds be made into a king or queen?

its a handicapped cabin- the beds will sit head board to headboard.

2030749760062547426fXUEUk_th.jpg

the cabin will be similar to the above photo.

Click to make it larger.

the deck plans will tell you that cabins with a * do not convert

* Twin beds do not convert to a King Bed.

PS- are you aware that you are located under the gym area where the treadmills are? or by the weight machines?

• 4 months later...
the cabin is a handicapped cabin and the beds sit headboard to headboard. there is a call cord by the headboard of the first bed as you walk into the room- (make sure your kids know about this cord and what it is for)

there is a window in the room- the reason carnival configured these cabins to inside is because they are obstructed---your view will be of a wall of the outside deck - this deck is opened for all passengers but very few know its there so its almost like having your own private deck- you cant take chairs outthere because its windy.

Here is some pics we taken on the Liberty- same class ship so the cabin will be identical

http://travel.webshots.com/album/548278080jXyEHP

Hi, we're you bothered by the noise from the gym?

On deck 7- no. there are cabins below and above us.

if you are in 1004/1003 then you may get noise from the gym.

these are located under the treadmill area.

Gym closes at 10pm and opens at 6am.

• 5 months later...

We are cruising on the Carnival Glory in room 6206 in November. We booked it thinking we could just move the beds together even though it's a handicapped room, but I'm starting to wonder if the beds are bolted to the floor. Does anyone know if this is true in this room or any similar to it? We don't mind doing the work to move them manually if they'll actually move! We really want the room for the deck access but are a little sad about having to sleep separately.

Hey I am going on the Carnival Liberty Sept 29th. I just switched to room 1003. I noticed that when I logged on to carnivals web site that I could not change my bed arrangement to a king, but had to keep the two twin beds. I don't know if that matters, but usually they let you pick.

We are cruising on the Carnival Glory in room 6206 in November. We booked it thinking we could just move the beds together even though it's a handicapped room, but I'm starting to wonder if the beds are bolted to the floor. Does anyone know if this is true in this room or any similar to it? We don't mind doing the work to move them manually if they'll actually move! We really want the room for the deck access but are a little sad about having to sleep separately.

Hey I just found this on another message board... this guy took amazing pictures of the room and it looks like you can put the beds together, I guess once you get there with special request...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=liberty+1003&oq=liberty+1003&gs_l=youtube.3...14350.15193.0.15587.5.5.0.0.0.0.109.519.0j5.5.0...0.0...1ac.FTjpaPFBTlA

Thanks! That looks like one of the larger end 4J rooms...maybe that's why it converts? I'm hoping our beds will convert too, but I think this room has a back-to-back layout with the beds along the same wall instead of an L-shape. Here's hoping!

• 2 weeks later...

I just cant imagine if you put those beds together how much floor space you will actually have.

this is the cabin above you.

2030749760062547426fXUEUk_th.jpg

same layout as you will have

Archived