Elevator Noise???

ok4uni2cruz

I am booking rooms for the Dream and one of the rooms we are looking at is directly next to the elevator. Does anyone have experience in one of these rooms that can tell me if there is a noise problem?

One of the beds will be against the wall of the elevator and that is our concern.

Thanks for your help!

I am booking rooms for the Dream and one of the rooms we are looking at is directly next to the elevator. Does anyone have experience in one of these rooms that can tell me if there is a noise problem?

One of the beds will be against the wall of the elevator and that is our concern.

Thanks for your help!

The elevators are nearly silent... sadly, we can't say the same for the people who ride on the elevators... especially late night/early morning...

Thanks for your help!

Just say NO!

My last cruise on the Glory was right behind it. When we hit a little bit of chop in the water the cables hit the wall of the cabin all night long. It was a long week and I did not sleep good at all. I made sure I was not near an elevator this time.

The elevators are nearly silent... sadly, we can't say the same for the people who ride on the elevators... especially late night/early morning...

This is exactly what I was going to say. We had a cabin that was to the right when you get off the elevators. It was in that open area where people either go to the right or to the left to get to their cabins. Never once heard any "elevator" noise but sure heard ALOT of people talking. I'm a light sleeper and was woken several times due to the noise. This area seems to be where people make plans to meet up the next morning as I heard alot of "Yeah have a good one man and what time are we meeting tomorrow?" type of banter. If you are a sound sleeper this may not be an issue for you but it taught me to never book a cabin in this opening again. We've had cabins that were closer to the elevators but they were down the hallway. Those have been very quiet.

I've had only one inside cabin, and it backed up to an elevator. I never heard one single sound from it...the whole cruise.

However, sometimes the folks getting on and off in the wee hours - they really should have more consideration for the passengers in those cabins.

Thank you all for your feedback! I never even thought of the people that would actually be on the elevator,:eek: I was just thinking about the elevator itself. What a relief that you mentioned that.

You have all saved me a big headache. Thank you :)

Archived