Post-cruise NO city tour???

I Luv Crusin

Has anyone taken the New Orleans city tour or any other from Carnival after your cruise?? Silly me I didn't plan any extra days in NO either before or after our cruise and sure hope I don't regret it!!!

I'm thinking of just taking the basic city tour so we can say that we saw some of New Orleans!

Any ideas or suggestions??

Not sure where you would stow your luggage, but you could do a basic city tour without buying it from Carnival. Get one of the free city guides with the map. Walk down to Canal and Bourbon. Catch the trolley on the other side of Canal from Bourbon St. (St. Charles line) ride it to the end, through the garden district, past the audobon zoo, tulane university and loyola. Get off the trolley and get back on one going the other direction (feel free to get off and look around at any point, Igor's next to the Avenue Plaza is a great place for red beans and rice, there is always another trolley not too far behind).

When you reach Canal again, feel free to cross the street and take a stroll down Bourbon, or go right one block to Royal and head into the french quarter that way. If you opt for Royal make sure to stop by the carousel bar in the Montleone Hotel. Walking down Royal you will think that you are in a living museum. Eventually wind up at Jackson Square and head over to Cafe Dumone and then a little further down to experience the French Market.

Back up to the Cafe Dumond and then across for a stroll along the river and a visit to the aquarium.

Don't know if you can get it all done in a day, but it is worth a try. You could also take a buggy ride around the quarter and let the driver explain some of the history....So much to see.... So much to do.... I usually make it to the Krazy Korner and if Jimmy Thibidoux is playing that is as far as I get!:D

Just got off the Conquest. They didn't recommend their tours for anyone with flights leaving before 4pm.

:D That works! We don't leave until 6pm!!! I have already paid for transfers to the airport and I think I can add-on a tour. I'm just so annoyed at myself for not giving us a day in New Orleans.

I'm from N.O., and I'd hate to see you being there and not seeing our wonderful city! I would suggest taking the tour Carnival offers. That way, your luggage would be taken care of, and they'll be certain to get you to your plane on time. All you'll have to be concerned about is making sure you see everything that's offered on the city tour. (I really don't know what is offered on the tour, but I feel sure it will include the Quarter, Garden District, etc.) Hope y'all enjoy N'awlins!:)

LMN, we are going to be on the conquest in Jan. We are also taking off after 6pm. We thought about doing a Carnival sponsered excursion, but if you go to Carnival.com and look at the excursions, the longest one is four hours. They all push out between 8 and 9:30 which means they will drop you at the airport between 12 and 2pm if you take a four hour one. Yikes! A four hour wait for a flight.

So....I started looking into our options.

1st: We are using a courier service called Rush It! Courier to take our luggage from the pier to the airport. They are $20 for the first three bags and $5 each additional bag. You pick up your bags from their office at the airport which is located in baggage claim between belts 4 and 6. There phone number is (504) 471-0080. There website is www.rush-la.com/partners.html

Once our luggage is out of the way, we will be taking a morning tour of the city. According to Carnival, you can take a tour as soon as 9:00am as long as you show proof (a printed internet reciept) that you purchased an independant tour and need priority disembarkation the first night on the ship. Go to the pursurs desk with it.

As far as tours go, try the www.bigeasytour.us They have a very large selection from walking tours to motored tours to bus tours. You will porbably have time after the tour for lunch since you do not need to be at the airport until 4:30 pm or so.

Good Luck, and post a review so I know ow you liked New Orleans. I am so excited to go!

Archived