Add-a-Cabin-Shuffle

canderson

We're due out on 6 December on the Summit, and have 4 plus a little one in a FV cabin. We were unable to score one of the corner cabins this time, so will be in a bit of a bind for storage space, etc. Normally, the space would be enough, but...

So in hindsight, I am considering buying two of us to an additional cabin (any cabin, inside would be fine) to buy additional storage for clothes, suitcases, and an additional shower. A bit more privacy in the sleeping arrangements is likely to be appreciated by one and all as well.

As the 3rd/4th/5th (even babies pay full fare with Celebrity!) were purchased at $800 each, one would have thought Celebrity would found a way to work this out for some reasonable extra charge. Called them today to see if such things could be done in advance. They started talking about change penalities and the like before we even got to the stage of discussing the rollover of the paid fares toward another cabin price. End of discussion.

Given that this cruise doesn't appear to be anywhere near sold out, I need to know if anyone has ever tried to book another cabin upon arrival at the pier. I know that can be a good time to wheel and deal on upgrade prices, but another cabin might be a new encounter for them. Any experience, suggestions, etc.? If I'd had any sense, I'd have done it this way to begin with, but I refuse to be penalized for my attempt to spend more money with these guys!

Where's your ta in all this? A good ta should be able to get this straightened out. :)

That's where we got the original story. I called them myself to see if I could get another story from another agent (TA's idea), and no dice. They don't like to see the body count change in a cabin, and seem to insist on penalties, etc.

Seems rather silly to me. They're leaving money on the table unless they think by some miracle they'll fully book this one. So I'll just have to roll the dice at the pier. There seems to be no doubt that there will be cabins of some sort available when we board (pretty decent inventory for less than 2 weeks out), and we'll just have to go a couple of rounds of "let's make a deal" and see what happens, I guess.

Hmmm. don't think mine would have taken that for an answer! She's famous for working her way 'up the food chain' until she gets an answer she likes!LOL!

Figured I wouldn't push it. Went in looking at two options: a) see if they'd do anything reasonable before sailing, b) wait until I got to the pier. The best I expected over the phone was for them to apply some portion of the existing payment for 2 of us to the other cabin. Might be able to get them to take it as full payment (or something close to it) for an inside, at the pier.

Somewhere, sometime I saw a post from someone that snored! They said that they had on past cruises (don't know which line) would check into their cabin and then once the ship had sailed would go to Guest Relations and see if there was a inside cabin we could rent for a nominal charge. He said that it worked just fine.

So if you can't get any help before sailing you could always try that. I'm with the other posters. I keep calling and calling until I get an answer I like. Good luck and have a great cruise.

Archived