Inspiration...don't Book Cabin E166!!!

CGAGE

We just got back from the Inspiration 4 day cruise to Cozumel and had a great time despite some noise issues! We traveled with our 17 month old daughter and both sets of Grandparents. My DH, DD and I had cabin E166...my parents had cabin E156 and my in-laws had E154. During our first noisy night...we discovered we were directly below the Galley. From about 2-3 am and between 4 and 5am we heard an awful racket from above. We called and complained and went to the Pursers desk the very next morning to discuss our issues and were told it was being addressed. The next night, the noise was so loud, it not only woke us up, but our Daughter as well. NOT a fun night! The connection on our phone was so poor, my husband finally got up around 4:30 to go to the Pursers desk and find out what was going on. Apparently they use some type of pulp extractor for baking and that's what was causing the noise. Anyway...bottom line was...Carnival handled it beautifully with drink and photo coupons for all of us, then last night we all received a very gracious letter giving all of us a 15% discount for a future cruise to be used within the next 18 months. The noise also decreased the last two nights and we got some sleep!

I have to believe that we're not the first to complain...but I still wanted to let all my buddies at Cruise Critic know...that if at all possible...don't knowingly book those cabins, or any right around there.

Like I said...other than the noise...we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We had one of, if not THE finest Waitress teams in the Carnivale dining room for early seating. Malita and Iyu were fantastic! They were great with our daughter and so personable!!! Our cabin steward was super nice and totally on the ball the entire time. I can't say enough about what a great time we had...except for the noise. I'm having a little withdraw right now as I help my husband prepare our dinner...I wish I was still on board!!!

Any questions...I'll be happy to answer!

Happy cruising to all!

I was worried about our cabin location on the Inspiration, E-147, for our trip. We were on the other side of the ship as you, but still below the galley. We were lucky there was absolutely no noise to disturb our sleep, so the offending equipment must be on the 'even' side of the ship.

I booked an Oceanview for my Miracle cruise next year. Upon looking at the layout, I saw that all the oceanviews were on deck below the dining room, the galley, and all the nightclubs. Fearing an incident such as yours, I called and upgraded to a balcony...all of which were above the "busy deck".

Sorry you had a tough time. I get cranky when I get no sleep. It sounds like you guys had a good time despite the noise factor.:D

We are booked under the Paris Lounge. Anyone else have a room located like that before? Any noise issues? We will most probably be in the lounge rather than sleeping when there is action up there, but the noise was somewhat a concern when I booked. Any insight would be appreciated! :)

Sorry about your galley experience. Glad you had the right attitude and didn't let it ruin your whole cruise!

Archived