Anyone been to a Restaurant with beautiful garden about 15 minutes from ship

cricket59

In 2006 we took a taxi to the ruins and on the way back our cab driver stopped at a restaurant with a beautiful garden, we had a wonderful time, We had drinks and the owner gave us a tour of her garden. I kept the card so if we ever returned to Guatemala we could go back, and I have (of course) lost the card. Has anyone had a similar experience and could give me the name of the restaurant?

It may have been the Hibiscus Eco Restaurant at the Hibiscus Project. Their website is http://www.hibiscusprojectizabal.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11&Itemid=16 If it comes up in Spanish, you can good 'Hibiscus project Guatemala" and this usually brings it up in English. Their mene and pictures of their place is on their website. We didn't eat there but wanted to (too many children in our group). Turix Activo (the tour company that brought us there said that the food was good). They have a garden that we toured with them and they told us all about the plants, flowers. It was about 15 minutes from the ship. The owners were very nice. They are also a small Mayan museum. We enjoyed out visit there.

It may have been the Hibiscus Eco Restaurant at the Hibiscus Project. Their website is http://www.hibiscusprojectizabal.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11&Itemid=16 If it comes up in Spanish, you can good 'Hibiscus project Guatemala" and this usually brings it up in English. Their mene and pictures of their place is on their website. We didn't eat there but wanted to (too many children in our group). Turix Activo (the tour company that brought us there said that the food was good). They have a garden that we toured with them and they told us all about the plants, flowers. It was about 15 minutes from the ship. The owners were very nice. They are also a small Mayan museum. We enjoyed out visit there.

Thanks you so much, this is indeed the place, they didn't have the museum when we were there in 06 but the garden was beautiful and the owners were very nice. We also did not eat there, I never eat off the ship, just to much of a worry wort:p but did enjoy drinks and the tour and will visit again on this trip!

• 6 months later...

Cricket, did you return to the Hibiscus Restaurant? My parents will be at that port in November 2009 and do not want to book an all day excursion. Can they take a taxi to this location? Did you still like it? Are the garden paths paved or very smooth?

Any feedback would be appreciated! Or any other tips for visiting Puerto Quetzal.

Archived