Table tennis on Journey?

clivep

Can anyone tell me if there is a table tennis table on the Journey?

We've just booked and with all the wonderful beef I'm going to enjoy in the restaurants a bit of exercise would be in order.

We were on the Quest just last week, and it only had one table. My husband played with me until he found better partners which didn't take too long. I was relegated to walking briskly around the jogging track - 13 times = 1 nautical mile. By the way ours was a cold weather cruise so we were playing in our overcoats.

He found a couple of chaps who were very good. I think that they were Japanese and the older one must have been about 70 but he wiped the floor with my (very sporty) husband. He (the super duper Japanese player) was a bit of a purist and said that the balls on the ship were too light but he had his own so you may want to consider taking a couple of balls as well as your bats. By the way they call them paddles on the ship.

Greetings from Ilkley

We were on the Quest just last week, and it only had one table. My husband played with me until he found better partners which didn't take too long. I was relegated to walking briskly around the jogging track - 13 times = 1 nautical mile. By the way ours was a cold weather cruise so we were playing in our overcoats.

He found a couple of chaps who were very good. I think that they were Japanese and the older one must have been about 70 but he wiped the floor with my (very sporty) husband. He (the super duper Japanese player) was a bit of a purist and said that the balls on the ship were too light but he had his own so you may want to consider taking a couple of balls as well as your bats. By the way they call them paddles on the ship.

Greetings from Ilkley

Forgive the way my mind works but I assume we are talking about Table-Tennis........!

Just a joke

Brian

He (the super duper Japanese player) was a bit of a purist and said that the balls on the ship were too light but he had his own so you may want to consider taking a couple of balls as well as your bats. By the way they call them paddles on the ship.

We take our balls for convenience. We have not been on Azamara before but know that RCL and Celebrity have equipment located near the tables. On our one occasion on the dreaded MSC cruise line (where everything seemed to be to cause the maximum inconvenience to customers) the equipment was only available from the customer relations desk on deck 5 about as far from the table as possible! I'm not sure what balls they may have on the ship or what balls the Japanese player had but I know that the old standard of a 38mm ball was changed some time ago to the current 40mm standard.

At least we'll burn off a few calories.

Forgive the way my mind works but I assume we are talking about Table-Tennis........!

Just a joke

Brian

Hi Brian

I should probably have waited until the jet lag wore off and I could be more coherent in my postings. Your mind works fine my didn't and I'm not very sporty so maybe I wasn't as helpful as I tried to be. Nice to 'speak' to you again.

Lynda

Lynda,

tell Jim that he & I will take on the Japanese tennis stars anytime they want to sign up for the same cruise.

We leave on Oceania Regatta on Apr. 4th Barcelona to Istanbul. Wish you were going with us, but it sounds like you've had your fill of cruising for a while.

Warm regards, Tom & Nancy

Der Tom and Nancy

Will write to you tomorrow re all our news. Look on the reviews of the Quest or the roll call for the 14th March sailing for my account of the cruise. I wish that we were going with you in April - I did ask Jim to consider this cruise but he thought that there were too many sea days, Just think he could have been the British and European table tennis champion with all that practice.

By the way watch your back in Barcelona the pick pockets are very ingenious - remind Jim to tell you his story of our last visit there.

I hope that you will be around in October when we come to the West Coast. Are you any good at cycling - Jim is considering a sponsored ride to the Sierra Nevada.

Take care will 'speak' soon.

Lynda

Archived