Cabin review for Journey on roll call board

luvseadays

I have posted a mini "review" of our cabin, (7097, 1A, balcony), on the roll call board for the Journey if anyone is interested. Meant to post it here but got my signals crossed somehow. Oh well, hope that it is helpful to some.

Luvseadays,

Thank you for the review. I found it interesting. It will be useful on my Quest Best of Italy cruise later this year.

I've taken the liberty of quoting the review below. So that it doesn't get lost on the Roll Call threads.

Thanks Again,

Ian

I have been trying to get this organized so that I can post it for anyone who might be interested. This is just a "mini review" of our cabin onboard the Journey. We were in a 2A, cabin #7097, balcony. We were aft on the starboard side. Our sail date was 1/31 to the Caribbean.

Bathroom--yes, it was small but not any smaller than other "small" bathrooms that we have had on a cruise. Average sized mirror with small counter space, 3 shelf "medicine cabinet" in corner, and a shelf underneath the sink. There was another 3 small shelf feature in another corner. Hooks on the inside of the door that DH used for his hanging travel bag. Bathroom had Elemis products for hair and body, very nice, btw. Very satisfied with these.

Big closet with lots of hangars on the one side, you can always ask for more. 4 drawers and a shorter hanging space on other side of closet. Above this is a shelf with a nice little blanket, we did use it once or twice, some mornings were quite windy on deck. The corner section of the closet area, (as it wraps around), is where your safe is located. This also houses a nice little bar area with shelves, we took the things out of the fridge and put them on the top shelf as we were not going to use them. The fridge is located on one of these shelves as is your ice bucket and water pitcher which are filled at least twice a day. Glasses were located here, we requested wine glasses and our steward made sure that we had them everday. And I believe that we still had an extra shelf here too for whatever.

TV was mounted on the wall. Patio door had sheer curtains as well as heavier drapes to keep out the light if you chose to do so. Patio door has instructions how to open it correctly, I suggest that you read them, it sure was a lot easier to get the door open once I read them, (duh), live and learn. Balcony had 2 chairs and a regular sized table, not a foot stool size. Very nice for a meal out there or reading.

Bed was very comfortable and stylish. One night stand on each side with a reading light. This stand also had pull open door with 2 small shelves inside, would have liked a drawer instead. Suitcases slide nicely under the bed. Huge wall mirror located on wall opposite the bed. Next to that is the "desk/vanity" with another mirror, typical of most cruise staterooms. Small little upholstered vanity stool for sitting. Drawers, (4 small ones), were located on one side of this unit and 2 shelves on the other side. Hair dryer was located here. Also light switch for the patio area. And fresh flowers upon your arrival, (or soon after), we all know how tight the turn around is on a cruise.

Directly across from the vanity is a small loveseat, comfortable, with a tiny table in front. Big enough for the nightly appetizer trays though! Be sure to order them, (get one for each of you), at least once or more. On a couple of occasions we turned our loveseat around and just gazed out the window, feet up, wine in hand, like the lazy bums that we were. Most enjoyable.

This cabin had everything that we needed. A little more drawer space in the night stands would have been better, but hey, we were on a cruise, we made it right! Life is too short to fret about the things that don't really matter. So for anyone and everyone who will be sailing this line, enjoy, we did!

p.s. The walls and the doors are metal, so I was very pleased that the little magnetic frames that I purchase at my local Walgreen's or Dollar Tree and then put photos of my grandkids in there worked perfectly. I love seeing those little faces everyday!

Thanks for the review. I was going through some of the Quest reviews last night and I found some suspect ones. I was reading the poor reviews and three of them used almost the exact same terminology to describe complaints related to the stateroom. What's to gain by posting reviews more than once or making false claims? Not sure I understand...

Thanks so much for your review ..... we are leaving on Sunday for our trip, and are assigned that same cabin. One question, who were your stewards and were you pleased with the level of service?

elaine

Our steward was Kusairi, (sp?), and his assistant was Rosalie. He came in soon after boarding to personally explain everything about the cabin and how to work things. They were both very good, he has a good sense of humor, (once he got used to us), and she was, for me anyway, just a joy. Always smiling and more than accomodating. Now, keep this in mind. We have always given our cabin attendants a $20 bill sometime on the first day, I am not recommending this by any means, but we are comfortable with it and in our minds, it lets them know in advance that we really appreciate their hard work.

We always put our clean the cabin card out early and we were taken care of each day by 10 a.m. For me, if that extra $20 made that possible, it was worth it.

They were truly nice people.

Enjoy and good sailing to you!

Archived