Pacific Sun Suites - View obstructed?

On our next cruise we are booked in Verandah 6 on the Pacific Sun. I have just looked at some photos of the outside of the ship and it looks like this suite has an obstructed view (although the brochure says VV7 to V10 have obstructed views). can someone please let me know if we will have an obstructed view - I can't remember back to Dec 2007 - not that I took that much notice then!!

Thanks Rach

On our next cruise we are booked in Verandah 6 on the Pacific Sun. I have just looked at some photos of the outside of the ship and it looks like this suite has an obstructed view (although the brochure says VV7 to V10 have obstructed views). can someone please let me know if we will have an obstructed view - I can't remember back to Dec 2007 - not that I took that much notice then!!

Thanks Rach

Yes, views from V deck are obstructed by the tenders/life boats.

yes they from what i can remenber, but i can check for you on the 28th if you want

Thied,

I would really appreciate it if you could check for me - On the various photos posted on the web - it appears as though there is a gap between the first 2 lifeboats and V6 is in this gap but it probably depends on the angle of the camera!!

looking forward to getting your answer

Cheers Rach

• 2 months later...
Yes, views from V deck are obstructed by the tenders/life boats.

Thanks Rach

Have just come across your question, If you don't know already you do not have an obstructed view. We are booked on V5 which was recommended by P&O when I booked ( just across the corridor). I think it offers a view with max privacy given the deck is able to be seen from the observation deck. Will let you know the details when we get back from our cruise in Aug. Very hard too judge from photos :)

Personally, I think it all falls down to your definition of what is an "obstructed view". Really, none of the V deck cabins have completely uninterrupted views - as compared to that offered by other ships. V1 and V2 would suit exhibitionists ;) ,V3 and V4 much less so and have a reasonable view. V5 & 6 are the most private of all - but I suspect (not having been inside them) their view is somewhat obstructed.

I don't know if I would care to pay the extra fare required for a balcony cabin on Pac Sun. It depends on what kind of deal you can get with them - but I am also not sure that I would want to pay too much extra for ANY outside cabin. Definitely nice to have - but at what cost?? Depending on personal priorities, perhaps they are not very good value for extra money.

Barry

Archived