Reservation Change Question

Deckhawk

Hi Everyone - I think I know the answer to this question, but I just want to confirm with everyone's knowledge:

I'm booked with three friends on the Sept 6th sailing of the Quest. Originally, all four of us were booked in an inside room. However, after I looked more at the prices and the specials that are being offered, we decided to split into two separate rooms to take advantage of a promo to get free tips and an OBCs.

Now the problem:

One of the four just lost their job and thinks they will need to cancel. The cruise has significantly gone up in price. If we need to change back to three people in a room, will we need to pay the new rate or can we keep our old reservation rate? Also - what if we found someone else to fill the spot, would they need to rebook to change the name on the room, raising the rate?

Thanks in advance...

Hi Everyone - I think I know the answer to this question, but I just want to confirm with everyone's knowledge:

I'm booked with three friends on the Sept 6th sailing of the Quest. Originally, all four of us were booked in an inside room. However, after I looked more at the prices and the specials that are being offered, we decided to split into two separate rooms to take advantage of a promo to get free tips and an OBCs.

Now the problem:

One of the four just lost their job and thinks they will need to cancel. The cruise has significantly gone up in price. If we need to change back to three people in a room, will we need to pay the new rate or can we keep our old reservation rate? Also - what if we found someone else to fill the spot, would they need to rebook to change the name on the room, raising the rate?

Thanks in advance...

Hi Deckhawk !

Do you have a Travel Agent ? I'd highly recommend you starting there first. What I can tell you from past experience, is if you change ONE person's name on a booking, it shouldnt change the rate. Once you start adding and removing people, it gets much trickier. I've never done this on Azamara, so I cant say for certain what would happen.

Being that your final payment doesnt seem to be due until Late June, why not leave things as is, and work on getting a replacement for the person who may not be able to join you ? This way, you may not be subject to price changes. Again, please check with Azamara or your Travel Agent to be certain of this.

I hope everything works out for you. Good luck !

Archived