Help with ideas for Goodie Bags - Girls Weekend

what about those cute fold-y paper fans to keep cool by the pool... but on one side write "time for a drink!" so you can hold it up when the waiter comes by. :)

i think it should all be pool-area stuff: sunscreen, tabloids, sunglasses (depending on how much you want to spend... target has cute ones for $15), snacks... no inflatable rafts like you'd mentioned, but inflatable beach balls would be cute.

Is there a rule against inflatable rafts at the beaches? Or were you thinking that it wouldn't work for a pool-themed bag? We're probably going to be causing enough trouble that we don't need to be breaking actual rules.

Pack pictures of your husbands and/or significant others, you know, just to keep you girls honest..... ;)

We're definitely not looking for that kind of trouble. I think we'll all keep each other honest. Plus, one of the things we keep saying about the cruise is:

What happens on the cruise.....will likely end up on Facebook!

How about a few " Nips" or tiny booze bottles to have a fun drink in the room, yeah it is smuggling... but...

I'm not sure we're smuggling booze on. We're looking for lots of fruity, frozen things. But, don't think it hasn't been suggested by more than one in our group that it would be a good idea to have a bottle of vodka in the room.

Is there a rule against inflatable rafts at the beaches? Or were you thinking that it wouldn't work for a pool-themed bag? We're probably going to be causing enough trouble that we don't need to be breaking actual rules.

well, i was thinking 2 things: 1. at the pool, an inflatable raft would take up half the water area (the pools aren't super-huge)... and 2. they'd be a pain in the butt to inflate/deflate and carry around, either at the pool or on the beach.

well, i was thinking 2 things: 1. at the pool, an inflatable raft would take up half the water area (the pools aren't super-huge)... and 2. they'd be a pain in the butt to inflate/deflate and carry around, either at the pool or on the beach.

I was thinking that I would get them at the $ store, and we'd just use them at Coco Cay, and then try to deflate them if we could. Otherwise, it would just be a $1 loss pp.

I'm not sure what ports you are going to, but I am making a bag for my friend who is going on the cruise with me. I went to the camping depart and got camp size toliet tissue... there is 3 in a pk and you just never know! I also bought the chain that hooks on glasses. I would hate to be in the water and my glasses falling off. I can't see with out them and they are my sunglasses as well. Lens wipes, great for glasses,cameras etc. you can get a box @ wal-mart for under $3 and just split them up. I bought travelon passport/document holder for each of us.$12 each, but I was just buying for 2 so that may be out of the price range. Hope this helps.

Jeanne

I was thinking that I would get them at the $ store, and we'd just use them at Coco Cay, and then try to deflate them if we could. Otherwise, it would just be a $1 loss pp.

I love all your ideas--you guys will have so much fun! I took a cheap blowup mattress to Labadee, and left it there when we were done--the bf and I both used it, and it was so worth it. I would definitely do it! How else are you going to drink your Coco Loco in the water? :)

I just got home on Sunday night from my girls' weekend cruise on the Voyager of the Seas. We had SO MUCH FUN! We didn't do goodie bags, but we did have "birthday girl" crowns since one of us was celebrating her 50th birthday that week. One of the most fun things we did on board was go to the Schooner Bar every night to sing along with Phil Anderson. He's awesome, and I think he told us he was moving to the Monarch in mid-June when the Voyager moves over to the Med. When are you cruising? If it's mid-June or later, be sure to take your group to see Phil and tell him "Patsy" says hi!

A little picture frame or a photo holder with a tropical theme - I bought some at Kohls and plan to give them out to our group. I think they were around $3 a piece. A little sewing kit or first aid kit from the dollar store.

Have fun....

Archived