Bird Watching Mazatlan

Starlaker

We just returned from the Sapphire Princess. Someone asked me to let them know how the bird watching trip was after I got back, but I can't find the original thread so will start this new one. We had a wonderful estuary tour in Mazatlan. If you are birdwatcher or nature lover, you will love this. We saw so many shore birds and our guide was great. We were in a boat with just 16 people and rode through the estuary and mangrove channels. After the ride, we road across Stone Island in a wagon behind a tractor to the beach and had a great lunch there. After some time at the beach, they returned us to the boat through the village. Seeing the homes there was a real eye opener. We then rode the boat back to the tour dock and had a short air conditioned bus ride back to the ship. All in all, it was very well organized and they took good care of us. I highly recommend it.

Someone (you?) also asked about the day at Las Caletas. It was wonderful! The boat ride over and back was fun. The crew members are great and really funny. The day at Las Caletas was so relaxing and the beach there is beautiful. Great lunch, the water was great for snorkeling, the nature trail was nice. We even saw a mama & baby whale on the way there and stopped to watch them surface a few times. We don't generally like organized tours (don't like being herded), but this one was great.

80793956_MexicanRivieraCruise040.jpg.5e45e23aca7db22ace2f31663d454c83.jpg

Archived