Las Escobas Waterfall

spookey

As for the hike up, it depends on what pool and waterfall your tour guide takes you to. There are several. We went to two of them. They weren't that bad. The path is paved and smooth with rails (but our tour guide told us not to touch the rails because of the ants). My sister who has back problems couldn't make it to the first pool so one of the guides took her back and she waited for us (Turix Activo was our tour company and they were great.) As for the pools, you can go in them but I would highly recommend floaties for all children, even if they can swim. There are some currents in the deeper pools and nothing to hold on to other than rocks. All of the kids in our group (and adults) loved swimming in the pools below the waterfalls. Also, if you are going into the pools,even the shallow ones, I would highly recommend water shoes (wear tennis shoes but change into water shoes). Actually, without watershoes (or very tough feet) it would be very difficult to walk into the water because of the rocks.

On another note, the ride up to the waterfalls isn't the best either. It is very bumpy on bad roads. We were all jolted around on the drive (about 20 minutes up). You are riding through a little village so you get to see how people live, which was neat.

It was worth it to us. We have some beautiful pictures. We had a great guide.

• 1 month later...

Archived