Canopy Tour??

M&M cruiseaholics

What is the Canopy Tour? We will be in Roatan for one day in Jan and are looking for something great to do. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Sweney, The latest info is the larger canopy tour(with eleven stops) can only be booked through the cruise lines now. At least that is what i've read on the boards in the last month or so. I am booked with a private tour through bay island beach resort and asked about taking the canopy tour as a side trip on the way over and that's what they told me. That info has since been confirmed by other cruisers on this board.

Teacup754...can you tell me more about the tour you booked through bay island resort? What will you be doing there and what is the fee? Which zipline tour will you be going on through them (the shorter or longer one?)

Marcys

the price is 71.60total for a snorkle tour out on the reef, lunch, transportation to/from the ship. That includes tax and tip.(base price is $55)they have a website http://www.bibr.com .it looked nice and relaxing, as well as good snorkling. I've read good things on the board about them..but it doesn't include any canopy tour. You can book that only through the ship now from what I've heard..

We decided snorkling and relaxing was more important to us because our ship isn't in port all that long, we didn't want to waste any "beach' time..

We did this tour 3 weeks ago. What a blast. It's a little scary at first but once you get used to it -its great. There aren't too many steps to get to it .we had 2 people with knee problems and they did fine. You can only book now though through your cruiseline-they have a contract with the company. It's well worth it. If you want to see some pictures, go to Roatan website and click link to canopy tours. It will show you something of what you will do.

F>Y>I> we are all in our 60's

Sally

Just arrived back from the NCL Sun and did the canopy tour. It was a blast. Probably the highlight of the cruise for my wife and I. My wife was VERY nervous, and almost backed out on the first platform. I don't think anybody reading this out there could be as nervous/upset as my wife for any any of you who think you can't do this excursion. But she did it and after the first couple lines, she was loving it. By the end she wanted to go do it again. There was one cable run that my wife was nervous to do because she couldn't see the platform she was zipping to, so the guide hooked her to himself and carried her down.

The drive to the canopy tour took about 15ish minutes. You see alot of poverty for the first part of the drive. The canopy tour itself took about 45 minutes for our group. (we had around 9 in our group)

You wanted to go slow to see the sights, but you also wanted to go fast to experience the rush.

At the end they took you to Tabyana Beach where you had an entrance bracelet and they fed you. I can't speak about this part because my wife and I had them take us back to the boat.

This excursion was amazing. Expensive ($89.00 through NCL) but amazing.

Archived