Canceling cruise air X posted on Cruise Air board

stargazer78

Ok I have booked and paid for The Carnival Freedom 5/31 sailing including "flyaweigh". Carnival charged $439/pp for the air/shuttle and I can book my own flights through priceline for $224/pp. I booked through a local travel agent and have decided that I want to cancel the air portion of my cruise and book on my own, flying in a day early. Can the TA cancel just the "flyaweigh" without canceling the whole cruise and rebooking? Also I declined Carnival's travel ins. and purchased Travelguard ins. will they still cover my flights if I do this? Doing this I would save enough to pay for the one night hotel and my excursions.

Ok I have booked and paid for The Carnival Freedom 5/31 sailing including "flyaweigh". Carnival charged $439/pp for the air/shuttle and I can book my own flights through priceline for $224/pp. I booked through a local travel agent and have decided that I want to cancel the air portion of my cruise and book on my own, flying in a day early. Can the TA cancel just the "flyaweigh" without canceling the whole cruise and rebooking? Also I declined Carnival's travel ins. and purchased Travelguard ins. will they still cover my flights if I do this? Doing this I would save enough to pay for the one night hotel and my excursions.

I would be in contact with your TA on this as they will need to call the cruiseline and see if it can be done. I am suspecting it CAN BE DONE, but CCL may charge a small fee for doing so since you are technically in their penalty timeline. As for the insurance, that should be no problem as long as you can document the flights and their costs. Usually the trip insurance is based on the total costs of your vacation package and as long as you are still within the limits of your coverage, you should be fine.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

I would be in contact with your TA on this as they will need to call the cruiseline and see if it can be done. I am suspecting it CAN BE DONE, but CCL may charge a small fee for doing so since you are technically in their penalty timeline. As for the insurance, that should be no problem as long as you can document the flights and their costs. Usually the trip insurance is based on the total costs of your vacation package and as long as you are still within the limits of your coverage, you should be fine.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Actually my final payment date isn't until 3/17 so no penalty. I actually went ahead and had my TA cancel the air part of the cruise for a refund of $1,006. After purchasing my own air, I'll have enough left over to pay for our excursions and a pre-cruise hotel room, as we'll be flying in a day ahead.

Archived