AB suites on the Spirit

Smellytoes

Could someone confirm for me that the two corner AB suites on the Spirit (cabin #'s 10002 and 10502) have two bathrooms and two balconies???

I did a search and I'm coming up with conflicting information.

We've cruised in 10002 twice now and, yes, it has two balconies. One is at the front of the ship right under the bridge. It can be a little (or a lot) windy on sea days but is a nice place to hang out. Ignore the sign about opening the door while under way. You can go out as much as you like. The problem is at night. Please close the front drapes and do not let light leak out as you open the balcony door. That's easy because you go through one door from the sitting area into a little alcove and then turn the wheel on the outside door to open the outer door to the balcony. The other balcony is off the bedroom.

There is one large bathroom in the bedroom and there is a guest bath (commode and sink only) on the left as soon as you walk into the suite.

I have pictures of all this but don't have the link here at work with me.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about the suite.

Sea Hound:D

We've cruised in 10002 twice now and, yes, it has two balconies. One is at the front of the ship right under the bridge. It can be a little (or a lot) windy on sea days but is a nice place to hang out. Ignore the sign about opening the door while under way. You can go out as much as you like. The problem is at night. Please close the front drapes and do not let light leak out as you open the balcony door. That's easy because you go through one door from the sitting area into a little alcove and then turn the wheel on the outside door to open the outer door to the balcony. The other balcony is off the bedroom.

There is one large bathroom in the bedroom and there is a guest bath (commode and sink only) on the left as soon as you walk into the suite.

I have pictures of all this but don't have the link here at work with me.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about the suite.

Thanks, your a life saver (or cabin saver:p) DH and I are booked on the Spirit with the kids this summer and I think the kids are bailing on us. If they do it won't cost me any more $$$ to upgrade:D

We have had the AA on the Dawn once (11 glorious nights) so I'm familiar with the bulkhead type door on the front. Also, we'll be docked in Bermuda for most of the time so the wind won't be an issue.

Thanks, your a life saver (or cabin saver:p) DH and I are booked on the Spirit with the kids this summer and I think the kids are bailing on us. If they do it won't cost me any more $$$ to upgrade:D

We have had the AA on the Dawn once (11 glorious nights) so I'm familiar with the bulkhead type door on the front. Also, we'll be docked in Bermuda for most of the time so the wind won't be an issue.

Here is the link to the pictures of AB Suite 10002 in the Spirit (These were taken before the 2.0 upgrades).

http://family.webshots.com/album/559600932iCCfNw

Sea Hound, thanks for the pictures. They're awesome. Do you happen to know if the couch pulls out to a full size bed or would they bring in a roll-away bed for the third passenger:confused: and is the shower just a regular shower or does it have the shower heads coming out from the walls (like the shower in the AA on the Dawn)

The pictures of the side AB's on the Spirit look great. We had friends who had a mid AB and they did not have the side balcony. They did have the couch that was made up as a bed for their daughter.

We have yet to stay in an AC on the Spirit but have seen them. They remind me of the AB's on the Dawn but without the second bedroom. They did have the couch as well since they do fit 3.

The pictures of the side AB's on the Spirit look great. We had friends who had a mid AB and they did not have the side balcony. They did have the couch that was made up as a bed for their daughter.

We have yet to stay in an AC on the Spirit but have seen them. They remind me of the AB's on the Dawn but without the second bedroom. They did have the couch as well since they do fit 3.

Did you happen to notice if the couch pulled out to a full size bed or was it more like the couch in the balcony cabins that pulled out to a single bed?? The reason I'm asking is that the boys appear to be ditching us and leaving just DH, myself and DD. DH's mother:eek: decided she might like to join us. If she does we could book her and DH in the inside cabin and DD could bring a friend and we could upgrade to the AB (but I need to figure out how to sleep 4 in the AB)

Did you happen to notice if the couch pulled out to a full size bed or was it more like the couch in the balcony cabins that pulled out to a single bed?? The reason I'm asking is that the boys appear to be ditching us and leaving just DH, myself and DD. DH's mother:eek: decided she might like to join us. If she does we could book her and DH in the inside cabin and DD could bring a friend and we could upgrade to the AB (but I need to figure out how to sleep 4 in the AB)

Smellytoes -- The couch in the living area does make into a bed. It is not that comfortable but could sleep two smaller folks. I guess you could call it a full-size. It's certainly wider than a single.

The shower in the bath is not the deluxe. It only has one shower head.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Archived