Want more Xpedition style cruises?

Holly2

Just returned from the Xpedition to Galapagos - wonderful. Would love to see Celebrity offer similar trips to other locations -- they did a great job with the Xpedition.

The economy notwithstanding, would anyone else be interested? I know the trend is toward larger ships, but think there might be a demand for this very special experience.

Just returned from the Xpedition to Galapagos - wonderful. Would love to see Celebrity offer similar trips to other locations -- they did a great job with the Xpedition.

The economy notwithstanding, would anyone else be interested? I know the trend is toward larger ships, but think there might be a demand for this very special experience.

We LOVED the Xpedition to the Galapagos! We thought Celebrity did a wonderful job. We also talked about why doesn't Celebrity do more of these AI cruises. There are several area I think they could do this in.

If they did do more of this type of cruise, please sign us up for it.

Laura

Aren't Cruise Lines like Seabourne and Silver Seas covering this kind of market? I know that they are still quite a bit bigger than the Xpedition but from what I have recently read on different boards, it seems that these smaller cruise ships are having a very difficult time making a profit.

With ships like the Xpedition holding less then 100 passengers it might be even a bigger challenge.

Personally I am all for it and definetly prefer that smaller more intimate cruise atmosphere but just wonder if it would make economical sense.

Archived