Denali is out!!

krogerlady

You are very welcome. I have had that site in my favorites for a year, and probably check it twice a week. Once before someone posted that it was out, and i sure did enjoy seeing it, so I thought i would pass the favor on. Its still there. Just wondering if closer to sunset if it will get all red and shiny like some of the pictures show? i am going to keep watching.

I have been watching this webcam all day...sigh...no, haven't gotten anything else done...addicted to CC...but as i hoped, the view is getting better. The side of the mountain is reflecting the setting sun. Y'all need to check it out. Its not a view you get very often, and remember, the webcam is a live shot.

We were fortunate to see the entire mountain on our shuttle bus ride in the park last July. The foothills are only a few thousand feet above sea level so the vertical height of the mountain is 17000+ feet. It looked huge and spectacular, then the driver said we were 60 miles from the peak! A park ranger said it's the largest object on the planet you can look at.

I hope Denali unveils itself when everyone visits.

http://picasaweb.google.com/kenish01/Alaska?authkey=ZICx8hyjUvg#5230210194113651970

Thanks, my camera is a Canon A710IS . It's a one of the larger "pocket" size cameras (about 2 sticks of butter) with a 6x optical / 4x digital zoom and image stabilization. Back in the 35mm days I had the full SLR rig and all the lenses, but nowadays prefer to travel light.

My son's camera is a Panasonic Lumix small pocket camera. Many of the breaching whale photos are his. I seriously think all those video games make him fast on the electronic button and he was getting whale photos everyone else was missing!

The bear was literally on the side of the road, we were in the bus no more than 30 feet from the bear. We were close enough that I can say grizzlies don't smell that great...

We returned with about 2500 photos combined so the ones in the album could be considered the "lucky shots" I suppose!

Archived