Baseball Cruise

Penny's Loafer

I was on one of the baseball cruises the first week in March. There were clinics and presentations. There was an autograph signing session which was free but you had to get a ticket ahead of time to do it. (There were probably 200+ people who attended.) The ship sells a photo of all the baseball players and also baseballs, that most people bought to use for the autographs.

You will probably see the players throughout the cruise on the ship, so there is opportunity to talk with them one on one when you run into them.

some advice offered -

if you can get the names of the ball players that will be part of the cruise print pocket sized flashcards with their names, a photo, their playing position and team so that you can recognize them when they are sitting at the bar or in the elevator and be able to open a conversation with them. Make a little booklet that fits in a pocket so you can carry it around with you - a little information goes a long way!!

Enjoy the cruise!

These sessions were great! You will enjoy every event, there is a pitching contest, a Q & A, a story telling session, clinics, and signing event. Go to every session. This is one of the best things I ever seen on any of our cruises.

There are 108 stitches on a baseball. Roger Maris was a MVP twice and not in the hall of fame. Tony Olivo won two batting awards and is not in the hall of fame. Bob Feller was 17 when he first pitched in the major leagues.

If you read these answers, you will be up one step on the trivia questions and in line for the award.

These sessions were great! You will enjoy every event, there is a pitching contest, a Q & A, a story telling session, clinics, and signing event. Go to every session. This is one of the best things I ever seen on any of our cruises.

There are 108 stitches on a baseball. Roger Maris was a MVP twice and not in the hall of fame. Tony Olivo won two batting awards and is not in the hall of fame. Bob Feller was 17 when he first pitched in the major leagues.

If you read these answers, you will be up one step on the trivia questions and in line for the award.

Thanks for the information. I booked a baseball cruise for April 2010 & it's a surprise for my husband. He will love it, we're from Cincinnati & are big Reds fans.

Archived