sea trek?

toadally

Has any one done this excursion? Is it worth it? How far down do you go? Can you see much? Is it something that a non-swimmer can do? We want a activity for three adults and this one interests one, so trying to see if it is possible. Sorry if I sound dumb -- still trying to get the hang of cruising and shore excursions. I got down the part of relaxing when on the ship!

Todally;

We did this excursion (Sea Trek Helmet Dive) in Cozumel last year and it was fantastic! My DW doesn't even go under water in our pool at home, but she was perfectly at ease 35 feet under water for 45 minutes. There were two divers (scuba) with us at all times, and they brought down plastic bottles filled with dry cat food to attract TONS of tropical fish. It's really something to be under water surrounded by a tornado of tropical fish! They film/video you and you can buy the dvd, which we thought was worth the money. I really recommend it to everyone who asks. Here's the link to their website, you can see photos and video: http://www.sea-trek.com/ and here's a couple of shots of us on the excursion:

IMG_2242.jpg.bad684386e38045652ccd4dc65703c85.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg.2336106114f3eb33bea769abc847b65c.jpg

Hi Toadally,

We did the Sea Trek Helmet dive in Grand Cayman last October. We loved it. Two of my family members cannot swim and will not even put their head under the water, but they were completely at ease the entire time. We had a guide, 2 divers and another diver filming the video. I cannot remember the guides name, he was probably in his 40's and hearing impaired. Hopefully, he will be your guide, because he was fantastic. He watched over everyone to make sure we were ok. He was also very entertaining. He would let us feed the fish, by putting food in the palm of our hands. I could go on and on.

I thought the video was a little pricey, but I am so glad that I purchased it. It was definitely worth it. I would also recommend that each one of you take an underwater camera with you to take pictures.

Hope you have a great time.

my 10yo son & I did this in Cozumel (same company though) & it was a blast. I was really worried since I get claustrophobic but I was fine. We're cruising in a couple weeks & all 4 of use were going to do it in th Grand Cayman but it was already sold out.

Archived