Desperate for info on Cozumel

mjkjhick

I need to know if I really need to book parasailing and waverunners in advance in Cozumel or if we can just throw schedules to the wind and be confident that we'll find an abundance of parasailing and jetski rentals when we get the urge instead of having to book them in advance. If it's too risky, I'll book them now. But if they're practically on every street corner (or beach), then can we take our chances that there will be some availability?

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT. WE'RE GOING DEC 19 AND i JUST DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO PLAN EVERYTHING IF WE CAN BE SOMEWHAT SPUR OF THE MOMENT, FOR A CHANGE!

Just double checked the cozumel board for ya here is what Paradise Beach Tom said.

NEWSFLASH!!!

Starting today, Patrick will be renting out windsurfers along with the jet-skis and banana boat! The basic stuff goes for $25/hr and the good stuff for $35/hr. He's just steps away at the beach next door

From what I have read on all the reviews it sounds like a great place to go.

Paradise Beach was excellent - we were just there last month. There was a $5 per person charge for the "water toys", which include snorkeling and sea kayaks among other things. Otherwise, entrance is free. I believe the cab fare there was approx $10?

Paradise Beach has their own waverunners for an extra charge. You can also parasail. If you want to parasail, they call a parasail boat on a 2-way radio that I guess they subcontract with. My wife did the parasailing and really enjoyed it.

We also snorkeled (not a lot of fish to see, but still a lot of fun) and sea kayaked. What a beautiful beach!

Dave

Another vote for Paradise Beach - was there the last week in October. Highlight of our trip. Bonus - We got to meet Paradise Beach Tom - Heck of a nice guy! If only I could click my heels three times - there's no place like Paradise Beach, there's no place like Paradise Beach, there's no place like Paradise Beach - Darn still here in NJ! :(

Paradise Beach was excellent - we were just there last month. There was a $5 per person charge for the "water toys", which include snorkeling and sea kayaks among other things. Otherwise, entrance is free. I believe the cab fare there was approx $10?

Paradise Beach has their own waverunners for an extra charge. You can also parasail. If you want to parasail, they call a parasail boat on a 2-way radio that I guess they subcontract with. My wife did the parasailing and really enjoyed it.

We also snorkeled (not a lot of fish to see, but still a lot of fun) and sea kayaked. What a beautiful beach!

Dave

Dave, do you remember how much it was to parasail? How long did your wife get to stay up for? Thanks. :)

Archived