easycruise

suzsummit

Ok -- when you think you have had too much pampering with Celebrity it may be time for easyCruise. After going to their website, I am sure it is not the newest cruise line started by Danno and Newt. But after seeing the orange cabins:eek: I wonder if anyone could really get any sleep. But with Cabin prices will start at £29 (about $59) per person per night makes you wonder.

So, just wonder how many Celebrity folk would try easycruise if even for only one night? Do you think this may be a trend for the future? The pay-as-you-go model? How much woud you pay for each of those Celebrity breadsticks?

" "City-hopping by sea" or a "floating hotel" to enjoy your holidays in more than one exciting destination. Stelios is going back to his maritime roots by launching a cruise line that will bring unprecedented value to the Mediterranean and the Caribbean and will create a whole new cruise market among the 20,30 and 40 year olds. easyCruise will adopt all of the easyGroup principles by eliminating frills and unbundling the package which currently exists in the industry." " easyCruise will un-bundle this package and offer rooms on board the ship on a night by night basis, so that customers can cruise for as many or as few days and nights as they wish."

Interesting...... wonder if you would have to provide your own sheets:D.

It would be hard to go backwards to a cheaper ship. Been there and done that. Sorry but I have gotten use to the nicer cruise line and the service they offer. I just feel like you get what you pay for. Sorry but no thanks. Hank

Hank,

I totally agree, we also could never go back to basics, but it may suit a lot of people and attracting more people to the cruise experience can only be good for the overall business.

Andy

Honestly, I think it looks like a great way to see Europe/the Med! Essentially it is not a "cruise", but transportation by water, like a ferry boat. You can get on and off whenever you want-only need one night? That's fine with them. I think this is great! However, it is different from a traditional cruise ship.

This "cruise line" will be no different from any of the European ferry services that you see everywhere. EasyCruise bought one of the Renaissance ships, gutted it and removed everything that made it a nice ship, knocked down walls to make tiny cabins with twin beds and only shelves for storage. You pay for everything separately including every item on the dining menu. You even pay separately for things like butter and milk and juice. They're aiming at the 20-something travelers, those who like to do things like backpack in Europe

Archived