1 Night Hotel Room

Techie714

My wife & I are going on the NCL cruise 4/4 & returning on Saturday. Our plane leaves Sunday afternoon, could someone suggest a decent hotel close to the beach & the airport in Honolulu? Around the 100-125.00 range would be good.

BTW: When our plane lands in Honolulu how do you get to the boat, taxi?

My wife & I are going on the NCL cruise 4/4 & returning on Saturday. Our plane leaves Sunday afternoon, could someone suggest a decent hotel close to the beach & the airport in Honolulu? Around the 100-125.00 range would be good.

BTW: When our plane lands in Honolulu how do you get to the boat, taxi?

Park Shore Waikiki has rooms available on 4/11/09 for 1 night. It's right across the street from Waikiki Beach and is also right next to the Honolulu Zoo. It's a great location with lots of shopping & restaurants close by. The city view rooms at the back of the hotel are $104 a night. Partial Ocean View is $134, Ocean View is $145 and Ocean Front is $155. The Ocean View and Ocean Front rooms have awesome views. The Ocean Front has a nice view of Diamond Head as well as the ocean. Some of the Ocean Views probably do also. There is an open air restaurant called Lulu's in the hotel that overlooks Waikiki Beach as well. The pool also overlooks Waikiki Beach. This is probably the best location for the price from what I can find. We have stayed there for 3 nights before and will be staying for 8 nights this summer.

Park Shore Waikiki has rooms available on 4/11/09 for 1 night. It's right across the street from Waikiki Beach and is also right next to the Honolulu Zoo. It's a great location with lots of shopping & restaurants close by. The city view rooms at the back of the hotel are $104 a night. Partial Ocean View is $134, Ocean View is $145 and Ocean Front is $155. The Ocean View and Ocean Front rooms have awesome views. The Ocean Front has a nice view of Diamond Head as well as the ocean. Some of the Ocean Views probably do also. There is an open air restaurant called Lulu's in the hotel that overlooks Waikiki Beach as well. The pool also overlooks Waikiki Beach. This is probably the best location for the price from what I can find. We have stayed there for 3 nights before and will be staying for 8 nights this summer.

Excellent, thank you so much I'll check it out right away. My wife mentioned she wanted to go shopping at some market they have there. Hopefully its close to that market she mentioned.

How did you get 9.00 a person I'm showing 11.00 per person one way?

I went back to their website and I think you may have clicked the wrong link. They charge $9 for the shuttle to the pier and $11 for the shuttle to hotels/Waikiki. The pier is closer to the airport and thus costs less.

This link should take you directly to the page of airport-to-pier info

http://viptrans.com/shuttle-to-pier-from-waikiki-o.asp

They also have the option for shuttle from pier back to airport or pier to hotel after the cruise.

**I have not actually used this company, but we are booked to use them in May.**

Just a quick note that you can't find a hotel that is near both the airport and Waikiki beach. Even for one night, we'd look in the Waikiki beach area. The Aqua Palms (I think that's right) has been mentioned quite a bit recently as being affordable and clean/decent/nice.

Taxi is our preferred way to get from the airport to the ship. It's only about $25 and you don't have to wait for a shuttle to fill up or for other stops. The cost is not that much more than the shuttle for two.

beachchick

Another option is to rent a car. That would save transportation costs to the hotel and from the hotel to the cruise terminal.

I rented a Thrifty for $29/day and they have a free shuttle to the cruise terminal after you turn the car back in. Our hotel charges $25/day for parking but we are still ahead and have wheels to boot.

If you are staying in a hotel after the cruise, Thrifty ill pick you up at the cruise terminal also.

Excellent, thank you so much I'll check it out right away. My wife mentioned she wanted to go shopping at some market they have there. Hopefully its close to that market she mentioned.

The Park Shore is within close walking distance to the International Marketplace. They do charge $20 a day for valet parking there if you opted to rent a car.

Archived