Solstice Coffee

paulred

Now that the Solstice has had a few month for everything to gell, what's the honest answer to the coffee question?

How good is the regular breakfast coffee on Solstice now?

Is it worth taking your own French press?

Thanks for any comments

Paul

I still think that they could improve their coffee. I'm still not a fan. At least on RC I can get Seattle's Best, which is pretty good swill. In other words, the french press sounds like a good idea.

Other than Cafe Al Baco I only had coffee at the Oceanview cafe.

Mind you that I drink Starbucks straight from the store black and I drink crapola at work every day.

I found the OceanView coffee to be way to strong. I added in about 1/3rd of a cup of hot water and it was much better.

Other than Cafe Al Baco I only had coffee at the Oceanview cafe.

Mind you that I drink Starbucks straight from the store black and I drink crapola at work every day.

I found the OceanView coffee to be way to strong. I added in about 1/3rd of a cup of hot water and it was much better.

Coffee is such a personalized taste, of course, as I did not find OV to be too strong -- that said, I found it sufficient but not the best in the world. Bring the French Press if you like to control your own strength, brew, etc., but as a die-hard coffee drinker I did not find the coffee on-board to be a problem at all. MUCH, MUCH better than what I had on Caribbean Princess last year.

Have heard that Princess's is actually made from a syrup that they just add water to. Solstice's is clearly ground -- or they had a grinder on top of the pots for decoration. Did have a pot delivered every morning and found it to be just slightly more flavorful than what was served in the buffet, but not by a whole lot. Oh, and the coffee served in Blu was very good -- don't know if it was a different blend or brand, but it was better.

Archived