Anyone stay at the Hilton Miami Downtown?

DTC

I can get the Hilton Downtown, on Biscayne for $177/nt. On the Hilton site is goes for $469 and up. This is for a Feb 2010 pre-cruise stay.

Is this a respectable price?? We have Hilton Honors we are trying to build up also, so theres another perk.

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed there pre-cruise this past February 27th, and we enjoyed it!

We had a spacious Jr Suite. Great views of the cruise ships, Biscayne Bay, and downtown Miami from our corner suite with floor to ceiling windows on two sides. Great location; about 5-10 minute taxi ride to the port and about 1/2 block to the free MetroMover to Bayside Market Place. Friendly staff. Nice pool.

IMHO, there were only a couple of down sides to staying there. There is only one restaurant and it is quite pricey (even more than one would expect from a 3-4 star hotel), and the hotel itself is not within walking distance of any other restaurants or shops. Both dinner and breakfast were good, but expensive.

We used points to stay there, so our room was free, thus making it an excellent value. $177 sounds relatively reasonable depending on the type of room you're getting. I'm not sure if I would have wanted to pay $469 even for our Jr Suite in that hotel for only one night.

Hope this helps you with your decision. Good Luck, and Happy Cruising! :)

I stayed at the nearby Doubletree Biscayne (another Hilton property) about a year ago on business and thought it was great. Large room, good view, great bathroom. Food in the dining room/bar was good and there are a couple of local dining options within a 2-3 block radius. Only downside was parking was valet only for $29/day. This may be another option to look at. Good luck!:)

Archived