Which island can you rent golf carts?

pormond

Hi All - I recall reading some time ago that you can rent golf carts on one of the Caribbean islands to see the sights. I can't recall which island it is. Does anyone know?

Thanks - Patricia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

in Grand Turk we toured in a golf cart, great day, 4 of us and a map, not laughed so much in ages. We managed to get around the island, with the help of very friendly locals. Just go out of the security gate at the port and Nathan will be there with the carts, go early though as they are very popular.

Angela

• 3 months later...

I know this thread is a bit old, but just thought I'd comment anyway. I have been impressed with the responsiveness of Nathan. I emailed him, giving my cell phone number, and he called and emailed back several times, I was afraid to make a reservation because Oceania has included some on board credit which you can use on my cruise, and the Grand Turk horse thing sounds great. I don't think you can do it on your own, however - just through the cruise ship. That means I may use that onboard credit to do the horse excursion, and then just take a cab to the lighthouse. Or perhaps my husband can rent a scooter, if available, since he'd prefer that, and I can do the horse thing.

Anyway, on the golf cart thing, Nathan told me that I could reerve a golf cart and cancel later if necessary, as long as it's not very, very last minute. He only takes your credit card info early because he knows some people find it difficult to contact him after they've left home and are on the cruise ship. As of today, it's $80, and he can make a cart available as early as 6AM. He sounded very nice and accomodating, so I just wanted to put in a good word for him here. I forget the email address for him, but that info is available in another post here on cruise critic. His phone number is 649-231-4856.

Archived