Cadiz to Seville..

grandmaa

Can anyone inform me about transportation from Cadiz to Seville..either by tour guide, train, or?? How long does it take to get there? We will be in the port of Cadiz from 8AM-9PM. Also, would we have time to see Cadiz too?? Thanks for any responses.

I have been to both cities, but never travelled between. However I believe there is both a train and a bus service, and either will require just under 2 hours one way. Seville is a great city which I prefer over Cadiz, but the travel time would put me off. If you do go to Seville, you won't have very much time to see Cadiz. Unless you think you will never see Seville ever again, I would recommend you just enjoy Cadiz.

I have been to both cities, but never travelled between. However I believe there is both a train and a bus service, and either will require just under 2 hours one way. Seville is a great city which I prefer over Cadiz, but the travel time would put me off. If you do go to Seville, you won't have very much time to see Cadiz. Unless you think you will never see Seville ever again, I would recommend you just enjoy Cadiz.

Thank you for the information. We have been going back and forth on this decision..the cruise line offers an unguided bus transport to Seville for $69 per person..and there will be 4 of us..so the thought was to hire a car and have them take us..but if it takes so long to get there and back that posses a ticklish problem. Again thank you for the info.

Train travel between Cadiz and Seville is pretty comfortable and rapid - timetables can be found at http://www.renfe.es/horarios/english/index.html

En route, you can glimpse Jerez de la Frontera, home of sherry (yuk!)

Cadiz is nothing special IMHO, but Seville is stunning, and you have plenty of time to see it. The rail station in Seville is a little out of the centre, still walkable, but a relatively short taxi ride - Cadiz station is pretty close to the city centre too. Trains are very reliable.

Train travel between Cadiz and Seville is pretty comfortable and rapid - timetables can be found at http://www.renfe.es/horarios/english/index.html

En route, you can glimpse Jerez de la Frontera, home of sherry (yuk!)

Cadiz is nothing special IMHO, but Seville is stunning, and you have plenty of time to see it. The rail station in Seville is a little out of the centre, still walkable, but a relatively short taxi ride - Cadiz station is pretty close to the city centre too. Trains are very reliable.

Thank you Longtonian for the time table. We arrive in Cadiz by 8AM and then we need to get off the ship get to the train station (how far is it from the docks?) and then board the train..or would you advise getting a cab/van to drive us there? We will be a party of 4.

Your help is very appreciated.

We have been to both Seville and Jerez de Frontera and took a bus both times. The bus station is just yards from the ship and the buses were very clean, efficient and you even get a smooth ride. I would recommend the bus over the train just for the convenience of its location if nothing else though we have not taken the train. When we went to Seville, we got off the ship immediately, went to the bus station and in an hour and 45 minutes we were in Seville. It is truly a city not to be missed. You can take a taxi from the station to the spectacular Cathedral, walk through the charming old town, have lunch, catch a mid-afternoon bus back to Cadiz and still have more than enough time to walk around Cadiz. There isn't a lot to see there but it is a nice city and you can easily walk from the ship.

The second time we found ourselves in Cadiz, we visited Jerez and got there by bus. We took a cab to see the Andalusian horses that were performing that day and they were just amazing. We visited the Sandeman bodega which was right around the corner from the horse show and then took a taxi back to the bus station. We had time for sightseeing in Cadiz.

Enjoy!

Can anyone inform me about transportation from Cadiz to Seville..either by tour guide, train, or?? How long does it take to get there? We will be in the port of Cadiz from 8AM-9PM. Also, would we have time to see Cadiz too?? Thanks for any responses.

Grandmaa,

I concur with the other comments regarding Seville - it is not to be missed. The bus ride is about 1 and 1/2 hours, but well worth the trip. I suggest the ships escourted tour to make the most of your time and to see all of the sights. Seville is a big city.

I have posted several videos on YouTube that hightlights the excursion we took to Seville.

Click on the link below for information on viewing these videos.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=926243

Enjoy your cruise.

CruzerTwo aka CruzerToo

A BIG Thank You to all for their wonderful advice. We will plan to go to Seville and then come back to Cadiz for a look around. We did go to the Spanish Tour Office here in Los Angeles and they had some informative books and maps for those cities as well as Barcelona where we disembark and where we will be staying for 3 additional days. I am always grateful for the knowledge that is available on CC boards. It is a great example of

what being a citizen of the world is all about.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This has not been a topic, or so it would seem, since 2009 ?

I would like to rent a car or van as we will have many cruise buddies with us....it should only be 1 hour and a quarter to get there by taxi according to google maps...has anyone done that ?

Mil gracias

• 2 weeks later...

Archived