What Zipline In Ketchikan ???

SipeShape

We will be in Ketchikan on 7/23/09 and interested in the Alaska Canopy Adventures,they offer two different adventures,Rainforest Canopy,Bear creek.If anyone has does either one and has any information what the difference is would be greatly appreciated.Do they meet you at the pier of do you need to get a ride to there facility?Thanks

We booked through the cruise, so we were picked up at the pier. We did the the rainforest canopy version; this one had only ziplines and one or two skybridges. From what I have read, I believe the Bear Creek version has ziplines, a slide, a skybridge, and perhaps a rope swing. I am not really sure about Bear Creek, but you can find more detailed info on their website.

This is the link to the one we have booked. From what we could find out, the other one has more "rope challenges" and our group is 50's and 60's so didn't want a great physical challenge. The Alaska Canopy zip has "Ben's Revenge," the last zip that is 850 feet. You can find videos on youtube also.

http://www.alaskacanopy.com/pages/tours_rainforest_ketchikan.htm

Two years ago we did the Mexican Rivera cruise and at the first port,Puerto Vallarta, we did the zipline excursion.This was a true adventure,only a single line and 13 cables with just a harness and not any other safety equipment.Most of the cables where just attached to several small trees and only a few actually had concrete footings.The longest one was 1,300' long and 500' plus feet above the gorge.What a ball we had,this also looks like great fun and adventure.thanks for your replies.

I just booked the Bear Creek zipline in Ketchican yesterday through their website. I had emailed them a couple of questions and they replied the next day. Very helpful answering my questions. Offered to pick us up at the pier, just have to phone them when we get to the port. I did not ask but from what I can determine, the Bear Creek zipline is more of the introductory experience.

Archived