Captain Larry times

pbk917

I doubt there would be much difference in whale sightings depending on the time of day - that's so variable. Personally, we preferred doing the morning trip, just for having the rest of the day free and having the option of more flexibility as the day went on, rather than worrying about getting back to Captain Larry's on time. It worked out well for us. We got off the ship and went straight to their office, had a great trip out, then everyone was free to do what they wanted for the rest of the day. Generally, when planning our excursions, I also felt that by scheduling the earlier ones, if there were any unforeseen delays or weather issues, we might have some time to work something out - luckily that was not an issue during our trip, but it provided some peace of mind anyway... It also depends on whether or not there are other excursions you want to do in Juneau and how those are timed.

I also agree. Doing the morning gives you a chance to experiences some of the other things Juneau has to offer. We recently booked Captain Larry for their 9:00 a.m. whale watching excursion on August 22/05. I can't wait. We've been to Juneau three times before, but this is our first whale watching adventure.

Enjoy Alaska!

They try to time departures for ship arrivals and it is best to do first.. also reserve ahead of time.. Because they have small boats they do fill up fast. They are still on "off season" hours and in on Monday-Wed-Friday. They will also be glad to arrange other activities for you top (glacier flightseeing, helicopter, out to Mendenhall, salmon bake) so you don't have to try to coordinate with two diff. companies..

Archived