Temptation Tours In Hawaii

safein

Hi!

Anyone here use Temptation Tours in Hawaii for any tours, especially the Haleakala sunrise tour? We'll be there in April and I'd appreciate any feedback, like picking up from the pier, what the tour was like, etc.

Thanks!

Anita

(PS The locals on the Hawaii board have no clue!)

Anita,

I did the sunrise tour with Temptation Tours in September and absolutely loved it.

It was one of the highlights of the cruise. They picked me up right at the tender pier.

I booked it through Tom Barefoot.

Words can't describe the sunrise - make sure you bring cameras, plenty of film and dress warmly !!

BTW - I did the tour without the bike ride.

You will love it !!

Tami

Tami,

Thanks for getting back to me!

Have a few questions for you:

I understand that we will tender in Maui. How were the tenders? How late did they run? Did you have to stay ashore until tour time?

What was the trip like to Haleakala in the wee hours? Imagine you didn't get to see anything until the drive back.

I can't wait to hear from you since I'm going to pass your info to our friends who are travelling with us.

Anita

Hi Anita,

Tendering in Maui was pretty hectic during the day - but at night - no problem at all.

If I remember correctly the tenders went off every hour overnight-

I had to meet the tour at 2:30 AM - to play it safe - I caught the 1 AM tender - but I could have taken the 2AM tender and still made it.

I didn't sleep at all the night before - on the way up to the crater I nodded out - the van was extremely comfortable.

When you get up there - it will be dark. You will then be amazed at the view that you'll have of the stars. Absolutely breathtaking.

Then little by little the colors of the night sky will lighten as you watch the sun come up.

I went there on Infinity's first Hawaiian cruise this year. There were also a large number of Infinity staff members who came up on a different tour (not Temptation).

Afterwards, we all couldn't stop talking about how awesome the experience was.

I won't be on the boards for the next few weeks (going back on Infinity) - but I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

I thought Temptation tours was well worth the money - and if I ever do another overnight in Maui - I wouldn't hesitate to book it again.

Tami

Archived