Orange County to San Pedro

vtxriders

Sure thing...

Super Shuttle is good, so are Karmel and Prime Time shuttle. I'd personally just go with whoever has the best price. You probably know there are two ports. Carnival has their own facility in Long Beach. With rare exceptions all other cruiselines use the LA cruise port in San Pedro. Be sure to choose the right one!

The other choice is rental car. All the major companies are at SNA; Enterprise has a convenient office in San Pedro. For Carnival, most rental car companies have offices downtown near the dock but some office hours are limited on weekends so check and make sure. At SNA the rental cars are literally right across the street from baggage claim. The counters are next to the carousels so take care of the rental paperwork and by then the bags should be waiting on the carousel. Rental cars are great at SNA- out the doors by baggage claim, across the street into the parking structure, and down the elevator. Once you have your luggage you can be on the road in 15 minutes.

If you are sightseeing in the area pre or post cruise, a rental car will give you a lot more flexibility. This being LA, public transit is a step above a joke. Things are improving but it's no Manhattan or Chicago. Also you probably want to avoid rush hour freeway traffic which is weekdays 6-9am and 330-630pm.

More questions, let us know!!

We used Prime Time this past Sunday from San Pedro to SNA. $65 for 4 of us, and we did share with another family of 4. We didn't have a reservation, just walked out to the dispatcher at the front of the cruise terminal. I think we waited about 15 minutes.

The car rental at SNA is very convenient. We came in late Friday night(3/27) and stayed nearby, and my husband rented a convertible for the next day so we could drive around LA.

(if you read this CJW, thank you, I used some of your driving tour tips) It was easy to return at the end of the day and then we just cabbed back to our hotel.

I just booked shuttles from Long beach terminal to Disneyland. I tried Supershuttle, but they couldn't tell me which teminal in Long Beach they would pick me up at. I then phoned Primetime and they are based in Southern California and they knew exactly which terminal (they even knew that it was the Carnival Splendor). The pirce was about the same.

Catherine

Price for two on Primetime shuttle ....Carnival pier in Long Beach to Disneyland? We are thinking of booking a shuttle rather than renting a car as we are not really excited about driving in Los Angeles. Anyone know the rate and which shuttle to choose? Thanks so much!

Archived