Valor Review, Spring Break with PICS

newt98

Mike,

Did you book thru cave-tubing dot com (notice the dash between cave and tubing);)? Would you say, in your experience, that this would be ok for an 8 year old? Not sure how deep the water is? She LOVES the water but is not a swimmer :( (should something go wrong) so not sure whether to book this or not. Your thoughts?? THANKS!!!!

i felt pretty safe, it was moving pretty slow when we were there. yes we used that site, and were very happy with them.

Originally Posted by newt98 viewpost.gif

it worked out really good, since the ship doesn't dock until 12:00, there is plenty of time to get the food from the deli. we took a beach bag that had a large ziploc with ice, then about seven sandwiches. and the sandwiches were very good on the beach, and we saved the money from not having to feed seven people.

We will be on Valor Nov. 09. Just wondering how you got the food off of the ship? I have read many posts that state you can only bring prepackaged food like cereal off of the ship. I would like to do this but was wondering what happens if you are caught?

you dont go through any checks when you get off the ship, as opposed to when you return. we had the food in a beach bag.

Mike,

Did you book thru cave-tubing dot com (notice the dash between cave and tubing);)? Would you say, in your experience, that this would be ok for an 8 year old? Not sure how deep the water is? She LOVES the water but is not a swimmer :( (should something go wrong) so not sure whether to book this or not. Your thoughts?? THANKS!!!!

I was with a different company (Major Tom), but brought a 5-year-old and a 6-year-old, and they both had fun and were perfectly safe. The 5-year-old rode in her grandfather's lap. At one point, they tipped over, and a guide was there fishing her out in about 3 seconds (and she had a lifejacket on, anyway). I think if you go with somebody reputable and they say it's okay to bring kids, you can trust that.

I was with a different company (Major Tom), but brought a 5-year-old and a 6-year-old, and they both had fun and were perfectly safe. The 5-year-old rode in her grandfather's lap. At one point, they tipped over, and a guide was there fishing her out in about 3 seconds (and she had a lifejacket on, anyway). I think if you go with somebody reputable and they say it's okay to bring kids, you can trust that.

newt98 Quote:

Originally Posted by KrystinasMom viewpost.gif

Mike,

i felt pretty safe, it was moving pretty slow when we were there. yes we used that site, and were very happy with them.

THANKS to both for addressing this question!! Looks like I'm booking this excursion. DD is excited already!:p lol

Thank you for such a humerous review with all the perfect pictures to see! You have such a great looking family and good for you, for making them wear the appropriate attire! you form your childs values! Might i also add you and your wife are adorable i hope to only that look good after that many kids! You sure looked like you had a great timem ny husband and I are sailing with our 4 year old so i hope to be sipping those great looking drinks at some points in my cruise on the Valor in 13 days!

I cant wait after your review it was better than TV this evening:)

Lisa from Chicago:D

For the cave tubing in Belize. How long of a walk would you think it was? like a block, half mile or?

I have a problem with walking is why i am asking. It is something i have always wanted to do.:p

it could have been up to a mile. but it was mostly flat except for a few short spots. and there is one spot where you cross the river. the water was not real fast, and it was somewhat shallow. the walk back is short. if you think you can make the walk, i'm certain the guides will make certain you make it across the river with ample help.

Thank you for such a humerous review with all the perfect pictures to see! You have such a great looking family and good for you, for making them wear the appropriate attire! you form your childs values! Might i also add you and your wife are adorable i hope to only that look good after that many kids! You sure looked like you had a great timem ny husband and I are sailing with our 4 year old so i hope to be sipping those great looking drinks at some points in my cruise on the Valor in 13 days!

I cant wait after your review it was better than TV this evening:)

Lisa from Chicago:D

thank you. luckily for my wife, she didnt have all five. but thank you. i bet you will have a great time on that trip, i would do that exact same itinerary on the exact same ship tomorrow if i could.

great review and pics. makes me look forward to my cruise about 3 weeks away.:)

thank you, and enjoy your trip.

Thanks for an awesome review Mike! I will be crusing the end of May (on the Freedom, but I read all reviews anyway - I can almost feel the sunshine and taste the drinks!! :p) I've never done a review before but your great review has made me excited to attempt my own when I get back!!

thanks. this was the third review i have done, and it's the first time i've actually been so detailed. i was going to take notes during the cruise, but we had so many pictures taken, that the pictures acted like the notes.

THANK YOU!!!!!:):)

Wonderful pic,wonderful review,I loved it sooo much I almost cry:o.I have to waite 230 days to same cruise:eek:

thanks. the cruise will be here before you know it. then you will get home and wish it didnt come so fast.

For the cave tubing in Belize. How long of a walk would you think it was? like a block, half mile or?

I have a problem with walking is why i am asking. It is something i have always wanted to do.:p

When we did the walk I would have to say its about 1/2 mile; its a good 30 minute walk. With that said I went with my mom, who has difficulty as well, I carried her tube and we took a few breaks along the way but she was able to do it. Everyone who was on the tour with us was wonderful; they did not mind waiting and they helped her a few times (extending their hand for assistance) It was something that she always wanted to do and I was worried about her doing it but she was determined. Once I saw the look on her face when we were floating down the river it was worth it!

You only live once........I hope you get to experience it

Mike, thanks for posting this great review!

We will be cruising on the Valor Nov 8-15. This will be our first time

on a cruise. We will be on the trip w/ family and friends.

We're getting excited even though our trip isn't for 7 long months from now.

My cruise doesn't leave till September 20th. I do appreciate the confirmation about the short walk.

I can check and see if this board is still going and post on here too. Mike you going to keep it going that long?....lol... You will have help i am sure.

I just finished reading all 18 pages and this was a great review! My DS and I will be on the Valor in July and we're really looking forward to it. Thanks for all of the info. Now I have some idea of what to do in Roatan and Belize.

Hi,

I skimmed your post as we are considering a trip on the Valor 4/10. Could you please give your opinion on Carnival Vs Princess? We have cruised Princess & Royal Caribbean before but never Carnival.

Thanks!

i sent you an email.:D

why not share re: princess comparison? i'm kinda interested in your point of view...

after following this whole review i appreciate your take on things... :cool:

copied from my email.

sorry, i havent seen it yet. our first cruise was on princess, and we loved it. but when it came time for our next cruise, carnivals prices were so much better that we thought we would give them a try. i was hesitant because we are not partiers or bar people at all. and i had heard all the stories or rumors about the rowdy carnival crowds. but then we went our first carnival cruise and we were surprised at how good the cruise actually was.

so we have been on a total of three carnival, and one princess. one major difference that sticks out is, on princess the deck was empty and quiet by around 10:30 at night. on carnival there are people out on the deck past midnight, which is actually more fun. i thought the buffett food on princess was better than on the triumph, but the food on the valor was really good. plus carnival has so many different places to eat at. the grill, deli, pizza, buffett, dining room, mongolian grill, fish and chips, and sushi.

so we really love going on carnival, while the star princess was a great first honeymoon cruise, the carnival ships have been more all around fun. so i think you should give it a try.

mike

• 2 weeks later...
When we did the walk I would have to say its about 1/2 mile; its a good 30 minute walk. With that said I went with my mom, who has difficulty as well, I carried her tube and we took a few breaks along the way but she was able to do it. Everyone who was on the tour with us was wonderful; they did not mind waiting and they helped her a few times (extending their hand for assistance) It was something that she always wanted to do and I was worried about her doing it but she was determined. Once I saw the look on her face when we were floating down the river it was worth it!

You only live once........I hope you get to experience it

I don't know who you booked thru, but I was on the same excursion with Mike and his family. The guys at cave-tubing.com are a great bunch and I'm sure they will do all they can to help anyone who may have difficulty. Those guys were running around with six tubes on their arms. They also give you your stuff furthur up the trail than some of the other guides. So, if you carry your own stuff, it's not as long as some of the other groups.

Chris:cool:

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the info on the cave tubing. It is something i have always wanted to do, either that or the rafting, or both....lol.

I have my good days, and bad days, both in body and breathing so lets hope if i go for it i am on a good day.

Chris - Because I was traveling with my mother, we booked through Carnival. It gave her piece of mind and if anything should have happened it would have been easier to deal with the ships crew. Still they did a lovely job

BJ - I hope you get to do the excursion. My mom still talks about it today :) We are back in Belize in January and she wants to do it again, I am trying to talk her into something a bit different......snorkeling!

Archived