NCL Cagney's Breakfast & Lunch

Cagney's waiters are part of the tip pool. We still tipped them extra depending upon the service we received and at the end of the cruise. Also, if we enjoyed a particular waiter we would ask to be seated in their section when we ate there in the evening and would add extra tip then rather then tip in cash at the end of the cruise. Also, they rotate who is serving Breakfast and Lunch so you may not have the same waiters the whole cruise.

As far as amounts it has varied greatly depending upon the relationship we developed with them during the cruise.

Only once have we tipped extra. Don't get me wrong, the service in Cagney's and every other restaurant has been superb (have sailed NCL Dawn 3 times now with 4th coming up in June). And, they are included in the tip pool. But, there was one time where we (well, mainly me and MIL) received service above and beyond. We were in Cagneys and ordered the Surf N Turf (all 4 of us). When the lobster arrived, I held up my hands and jokingly said, "Care to pick the lobster for me? I just had my nails done." It was directed at my DH. But, just as I picked up the mallet, the server arrived with gloves on, picked up my whole lobster and began picking the whole thing for me!!! Then, he stood next to MIL and picked hers, too!! I can't remember his name. But, what a pleasant surprise!!! We gave him $40 for being so thoughtful and paying attention to the smallest details. And, I sent a thank you card to the Executive Chef praising the service.

Archived