Granduer Theme Cruise?

We are booked on the Granduer departing May 16. Someone on our roll call just posted that this is an American Idol theme cruise. There will be four or five past top contestants on board, and there will be a number of shows and special activities. We did not book through the group that is running this. Will we be excluded from the activities? Will certain areas of the ship be closed to us? Thanks for any advice or information you have on the logistics of accidently ending up on a theme cruise.

Interesting. I just went to RCI's website. There's NO mention of this being a themed cruise, although it probably is because it looks almost completely sold out. The ONLY categories that came up available were D1 and JS.

If it's truly a "themed" cruise, I can't imagine you can't partake in all the activities onboard.

Edit: I just found the following info for you. Sorry it's so long. Looks like if you're an Idol fan, you're in luck. If you're not, you're screwed. I'm an Idol fan but I don't think I'd want this completely taking over my vacation:

“IDOLIZED”

American Idol Cruise

Now You Can Cruise With Your Favorite American Idols!!!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

March 7, 2009

WHO

AMERICAN IDOL* ALUMNI:

Nikki McKibbin-Season 1, 2nd Runner-up

Jasmine Trias, Season 3, 3rd Place

Amy Davis-Season 7, Finalist

Haley Scarnato-Season 6, 8th Place Finalist

WHAT:

IDOLIZED – 1st Annual Season Finale Cruise

WHEN:

May 16-21, 2009

WHERE:

Royal Caribbean’s Grandeur of the Seas. Depart - Norfolk, VA. Itinerary - Bermuda

WHY:

Why not? This is your chance to re-live the live performances of your favorite American Idol* contestants from seasons 1-7. For the American Idol Fan this is a once in a lifetime chance to get to know them personally and make memories that will last a lifetime.

SUMMARY:

TributeCruises.com announced today that it will be hosting a special cruise to Bermuda with several former American Idol* Alumni contestant finalists to celebrate the Season 8 Finale of the most watched and interactive TV talent event in television history which airs May 20, 2009.

Scheduled to be on the cruise are Nikki McKibbin-Season 1, 2nd Runner-up, Jasmine Trias-Season 3, 3rd Place Finalist, Amy Davis-Season 7, Finalist, Haley Scarnato-Season 6, 8th Place Finalist and possibly others to be announced.

The cruise will give fans a chance to get up close and personal with former contestants and find out what it was really like to be part of American Idol* and what life after Idol has been like for them. Cruisers can participate in special Idolized activities including question and answer sessions, photo opportunities, trivia, Sing Like an Idol Karaoke (judged by the cast) and un-plugged acoustic performances. There will also be a Finale Party hosted by the cast where cruisers can watch the Season 8 final show on satellite TV.

The Las Vegas based show IDOLIZED will perform a special concert following the party. IDOLIZED is a live musical production show featuring the AI Alumni from Seasons 1-7 backed up by the All Star Band and the Superstars Live background singers.

To book a cabin on this 1st Annual IDOLIZED cruise go to http://www.tributecruises.com. The first 50 cabins to book are eligible to win a Fender Stratocaster Guitar autographed by the cast. There will be other prizes including a private dinner with the cast.

*This show is not affiliated in any way with American Idol, 19 TV Ltd., 19 Entertainment, FremantleMedia North America, Inc. or any other snow, company or organization.

Archived