Suggestions for a family cruise in July 2010

tulman

Starting this thread to hear suggestions for a seven day cruise with my brother and sister and their families.

The areas we have been to include Cozumel, Montego Bay, the ports in that area. We would prefer to try to stay away from the extreme heat, as DW does not cope well with extreme heat. Yes, I know that all the Carribean can be extremely hot, and DW and I are doing Alaska this year. However that might still be a possibility.

But, it seems to me that a couple of the ports we have visited in the past, St. Thomas for example, were not quite as hot as Montego Bay, uuggh!

Since CC'ers are well traveled, I would like to hear your suggestions.

Maybe, this could turn into a group cruise! Siblings and their families!

Thank you in advance.:)

Here is a copy of our cc group cruise

Group Cruises

Home > Group Cruises > Carnival Freedom - $25pp Dep Avail pixel.gifShip: Carnival Freedom - $25pp Dep Avail

Date: 07/31/10

Carnival Freedom features a decor that has little to do with its name. That's no big deal, as long as people don't expect a red-white-and-blue motif -- because they won't find it here. (Well, there is one exception -- the Freedom restaurant, the ship's lido eatery, will be decorated with a replication of the Statue of Liberty.) carnivalfreedommain2.jpg

Our members have lots more to share about Carnival Freedom - browse hundreds of Carnival Freedom Member Reviews. See how our members rated Carnival Freedom.

Join this Cruise Critic group as they sail an 8-day Western Caribbean itinerary! For more information about ports of call, check out Cruise Critic's Western Caribbean Ports of Call.

Itinerary

Day 1 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Day 2 - Fun Day at Sea

Day 3 - Cozumel, MX

Day 4 - Fun Day at Sea

Day 5 - Limon, Costa Rica

Day 6 - Colon, Panama

Day 7 - Fun Day at Sea

Day 8 - Fun Day at Sea

Day 9 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Prices & Amenities

To Receive Pricing Info Via E-mail Group Info.

To Contact Your Group Leader Email: Barbara.

We've been to most ports - several times - and they're all hot in July as well as the port you will leave out of.

If I had to vote - I'd take any port over a Jamaican port. Hot or not, that's just a nasty place and we now stay on the ship if we go on an itinerary that includes Jamaica.

I can't say that there's going to be much difference in weather between an eastern port (i.e. St. Thomas) versus a western port (i.e. Jamaica). Water temps should be about the same also.

Because we can travel Western from local ports and have so many times, we really like the Eastern ports when we are able to go there.

Enjoy traveling with your family! :)

We've been to most ports - several times - and they're all hot in July as well as the port you will leave out of.

If I had to vote - I'd take any port over a Jamaican port. Hot or not, that's just a nasty place and we now stay on the ship if we go on an itinerary that includes Jamaica.

I can't say that there's going to be much difference in weather between an eastern port (i.e. St. Thomas) versus a western port (i.e. Jamaica). Water temps should be about the same also.

Because we can travel Western from local ports and have so many times, we really like the Eastern ports when we are able to go there.

Enjoy traveling with your family! :)

Hi, thanks for your input. The information you sent what pretty much what I had expected. From the ports we've visited, we have like the eastern better, From now one, I also think we'll try to avoid Jamaica

Here is a copy of our cc group cruise

Group Cruises

Home > Group Cruises > Carnival Freedom - $25pp Dep Avail pixel.gifShip: Carnival Freedom - $25pp Dep Avail

Date: 07/31/10

Carnival Freedom features a decor that has little to do with its name. That's no big deal, as long as people don't expect a red-white-and-blue motif -- because they won't find it here. (Well, there is one exception -- the Freedom restaurant, the ship's lido eatery, will be decorated with a replication of the Statue of Liberty.) carnivalfreedommain2.jpg

Our members have lots more to share about Carnival Freedom - browse hundreds of Carnival Freedom Member Reviews. See how our members rated Carnival Freedom.

Join this Cruise Critic group as they sail an 8-day Western Caribbean itinerary! For more information about ports of call, check out Cruise Critic's Western Caribbean Ports of Call.

Itinerary

Day 1 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Day 2 - Fun Day at Sea

Day 3 - Cozumel, MX

Day 4 - Fun Day at Sea

Day 5 - Limon, Costa Rica

Day 6 - Colon, Panama

Day 7 - Fun Day at Sea

Day 8 - Fun Day at Sea

Day 9 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Prices & Amenities

To Receive Pricing Info Via E-mail Group Info.

To Contact Your Group Leader Email: Barbara.

Hi, I've looked at this and we will keep it in mind. Do you have any idea of the rates? Is it really less expensive to go with a group?

tim

Hi, I've looked at this and we will keep it in mind. Do you have any idea of the rates? Is it really less expensive to go with a group?

tim

Click on the links in my signature and you will get the rates.

You can also click on Pugs and send me an e-mail... OR go to member cruise forum on Cruise critic and get the price. We have a thread on this carnival board the same one you are on now , come chat with us.

The price is great, and 100.00 P.cabin OBC.... 25.00 p.p deposit will book

you until 4/24/2009. We are an official Cruise Critic group.

Archived