April 4,2009 Orchestra- Everything I'd hoped for and more!

agentgirl

snookymom- Maybe agentgirl and I should just go with you, you know, just to help guide you throughout the week ;) Now THAT'S an agenda!!

Excellent idea. We have a bus leaving from east Orlando @ 7:30 Saturday morning so we"ll see you there. There is plenty of parking at their clubhouse so the cars should be safe!!

How dressy were the formal nights. Should my husband bring a suit or is a sport coat Ok? Also is there a charge for the room safe?

Formal nights we saw everything from sports coat to tux's. I think they would perfer at least a suit. I heard that you could not get a picture with the captain if you were not formally dressed, but we didn't try to get a pic so I cannot confirm nor deny it.

Not only is the room safe free, but also the basket of fruit that they fill each day as well as a stocked bucket of ice at all time.

Formal nights we saw everything from sports coat to tux's. I think they would perfer at least a suit. I heard that you could not get a picture with the captain if you were not formally dressed, but we didn't try to get a pic so I cannot confirm nor deny it.

Not only is the room safe free, but also the basket of fruit that they fill each day as well as a stocked bucket of ice at all time.

He chose the suit. The picture makes no difference though. We went on our first ever cruise Jan 2 & didn't know what to expect. There was a bowl with a napkin in it & although it was clean, we thought it was a left over dish from somebody else. On the second night we found out what it was for, guess they weren't consistent, the rest of our group got fruit!

So glad to hear that you had a great time agentgirl! I want to do the Poesia next year also, but we are thinking of the Fall trip up the East Coast with our kids.

As a travel agent I think that I tend to look at things even MORE critically when I travel. While I am pretty laid back and easy to please, many of my clients aren't. So I am really checking things out and looking for any little imperfections because I don't want to recommend something and have them not like it. Certainly we would never "inflate" a review because it would mean lost business.

I couldn't have found the staff on the Orchestra nicer. I visited with so many of them, and they always had a smile. Of course I did too, and I think that makes a big difference!

I agree with Agentgirl as well. We were on the 4/4/09 sailing and did not have a single language issue. We also did not have any problems regarding management of the ship or food quality. In fact, we truly enjoyed the food. We have cruised RCCL, Celebrity and Princess and MSC completely blows the Princess food out of the water. The best was on Celebrity but it was a ship with 1200 passengers. The pizza in the pizza parlor was fantastic and the gelato was well worth the money. WE also enjoyed the Italian flare! Personally, I loved not being hounded to death to purchase drinks from the bar. The MSC bar staff walked around and were extremely nice. All it took to get their attention was a wave or a nod and they were right there. Yes, the pool deck was crowded, but bear in mind it was probably the busiest Spring Break week of the year and there were over 700 kids on board, some were supervised by their parents and others were left by their parents to run amuck, but that has nothing to do with the MSC staff. We did not ever have trouble finding a lounge chair. The Key West stop was cut a little short but it was long enough for us. We went to the Mel Fisher museum, walked up and down Duval St. and still had time for a snack. The stop in Grand Cayman was shortened by a couple of hours due to a storm that was approaching and the Grand Cayman authorities were making all of the cruise ships leave early because of tendering, not an MSC decision. MSC got us through the tender line and back on the ship in 30 minutes from the time we got in the very long line. I think EVERYONE showed up at 2:30. I was astounded by how quickly the line moved. We loved that fact that when we were in Cozumel there were only 3 other cruise ships. It was great. We have been there with as many as 7 other ships. We would definitely cruise MSC again.

• 1 year later...

Do you have to order the VIP package ahead of time or just go to reception desk once you board?

Thanks!

We were also on that sailing, wonderful time was had by all. My 17yr old son had the time of his life in the teen disco and met lots of other kids from around the country. Food was good, hot when it should be etc. Couldn`t beat the beer prices... Remember to pre-purchase your bottled beer package 14 beers for $38, you can only by the draft package on board. Bucket of beers 4/$12. The wine package $105/ 7 bottles was more limited, a few American choices.

I got VIP Treatment Package $32 fruit basket(re-filled daily), champagne, cookies at night and # 1 tender tickets.... This was a deal.

Ice cream at the pool bar was good $1.50 for a cup or $2.oo for waffel cone.

It seemed that most of the issues from earlier in the season has been fixed, the staff was eager to please and friendly. I think sometimes a passengers attitude may affect how they are treated.

We would definitely cruise on MSC again, my son has already stated they are the Line he wants to sail again...

Do you have to order the VIP package ahead of time or just go to reception desk once you board?

Thanks!

In stead of reviving an ancient thread with info which may no longer be valid, why don't you open a new thread with your questions about the Orchestra?

Archived