May 2010 Not much in Caribbean or Bahamas? Why not?

Is it just that all the schedules aren't out yet? A friend and I are planning to take our college dd's for a mother/daughter cruise next year when they get out of school/mid May.

Except for Oasis of the Seas, I don't see anything scheduled in the Caribbean.

Does anyone know if there are usually more choices for May? Should I wait for more schedules? Carnival has some really great trips, several with 5 day offerings that I could book but we do prefer RCCL.

Any suggestions?

Sher

The summer schedule for 2010 for the Explorer of the Seas has been released. The have a 3 different schedules posted -

a 9 night for Eastern Caribbean, a 5 night for Bermuda, and one 9 night Bermuda/Bahamas.

The Explorer of the Seas departs from Port Liberty, New Jersery.

Most of the cruise lines send their ships to either Alaska and/or Europe at the end of April or beginning of May. There are not a whole lot of Caribbean choices. We wanted a May cruise so are going on the LOS for this year.

All of the May 2010 schedules have not yet been released, but as others have noted, by that time many ships have repositioned from Florida and the Caribbean to seasonal itineraries in Alaska, Europe and out of ports on the East Coast of the United States. Wherever the demand is greatest, or the likelihood of making the most profit is better, that is where you will find the cruise ships. There will still be some ships sailing in the Caribbean so you aren't totally without resources, but your choices will certainly be more limited than they are in the height of the Caribbean cruise season.:)

Archived