West End and Beaches ??

eagle76

I need some help with our stop in Roatan. We would like to go to West End and then maybe to a beach. Should we stay at West End (this is next to Half Moon Bay correct?) or go to West Bay for the beach? Is there any place that we don't have to pay to use the beach. I understand if we want to use any facilities we will have to pay but can we just hang out at a beach?

Also if we take a taxi to West End will we be able to get one back to the Cruise Ship Terminal if we don't hire one for the day?

Sorry about so many questions but I just don't want to be lost on the island.

Thanks,

Regarding the beaches, they are public property and can be used free of charge. At most of the places, you will need to pay a fee if you want to use their facilities, which is fair.

West End is the "town" that is situated around & beside Half Moon Bay; there is a beach area there but it is not anything special. If you are a white sand, true beach lover, West Bay Beach is far, far nicer.

I would consider taking a taxi to West End/Half Moon Bay & spending a little time there. There are more shops, restaurants & bars here than at West Bay. Work you way through the community (it's quite small, maybe a 5 to 10 minute stroll from one side to the other). Then catch a "water taxi" boat at over to West Bay (about a 5 minute boat ride along the coast, with very nice views) & enjoy the beach there.

You should have no problem finding one way cabs, there are plenty & they congregate around the more touristy areas on ship days.

Archived