Cell phone service

S&LS

Hi

does anyone know for sure if there is cell phone service available while at sea similar to other cruise ship lines. If not can anyone recommend a rental service for a global/international cell phone in the ny area

thanks

steve

I have Verizon as my service and they will loan you an international phone for up to 30 days for pennies per day. They charge 99 cents per minute for air time. It may not work at sea, but will work on the land portions of my holy land cruise. That is a much better deal than I've been able to find with any other company. I have a friend who bought a Sprint internation phone for around $100 and then paid $16 per minute for air time.

Hi,

We were in the Caribbean on the Royal in January 2009. Our T-Mobile mobile phones did not work at sea. Before we left, my husband rented a satellite phone and it worked without a hitch. I will say that it was still expensive but less expensive than the cruise ship rates. If you wish to contact me via email I will be happy to give you more details.

Jul

Archived