I also got the call- I did it

UME6869

I got the call today, first time ever. We are sailing on the Victory and got our first balcony room, that is until I got the call. Now we are in a suite. I realize this may not be the best cruise to do that considering it is so port intensive, but I couldn't pass up the price. Does anyone have any info on these suites. I can't find to much online about them. Are they a lot bigger than balcony rooms? Are the Balconies bigger than regular ones? Any other info would be great. 32 days to go.

I got the call today, first time ever. We are sailing on the Victory and got our first balcony room, that is until I got the call. Now we are in a suite. I realize this may not be the best cruise to do that considering it is so port intensive, but I couldn't pass up the price. Does anyone have any info on these suites. I can't find to much online about them. Are they a lot bigger than balcony rooms? Are the Balconies bigger than regular ones? Any other info would be great. 32 days to go.

What category Suite.:confused::confused:.. that will probably get you more info you are looking for. CONGRATS !

Can I ask how much you paid for the upsell?

The stateroom has an additional 100 sq feet, and the balcony is 65 sq feet.

They also have a jacuzzi bath tub.

About 4 weeks ago We got a call from CCL we are booked in Cat 8I they wanted $200 ea for a Cat 11 upgrade. We said NO.

We were called yesterday.

They wanted $350.00pp to go from an 8B to a Cat 11.

I told them no way.

We have an extended balcony, so unless they could bring it down to $200.00 pp we were staying where we are.

Then they offered us Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries.

No way

I think this is the new way of upgrades. No freebies anymore. We had calls for our 2 cruises last Jan also. Same thing $200 ea, but we had friends in the cabin next to us and we were in a 9As. Left them know real quick "your nuts" look what we have in a 9A. That conservation didn't last long.

I don't meant to hijack this thread but what is the purpose of the upsells? Is it because those staterooms aren't selling and Carnival has other people wanting the ones you booked? Does that make sense? Is that what happens with the Guarantee booking? :confused:

That's correct, it's a easier for Carnival to fill up cheap rooms then expensive ones. So when all the cheap rooms get filled up, if there are expensive ones left they give the current cruisers a chance to 'upsell' in to a higher category for a discounted price. Sometimes it's a great deal, other times it's not. Hit or miss.

We are currently in a 6E OV, the highest grade room you can get on Fantasy other than a suite. DH is hoping for a cheap suite upgrade so he can have his first balcony.

I'm happy with our room so not sure if I would take an upsell or not. It would have to be really cheap if I did. Full price to move up right now is about $450pp.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I should have held out a little longer, he didn't offer me strawberries. Anyway, I paid $250.00 more pp from cat 8a to 11.

Right now the difference between my balcony 8C and suite, Cat 11, is about $500 per person on Victory.

So you got a better deal than I could (as of right now)

We had a balcony booked on the Victory in February '09 . Two weeks before the cruise the Promotions Department called with an offer for a suite upgrade for $400/person. We counter offered $100 and it was declined. However, five minutes later Carnival called with another offer for $200/person which we accepted. It was the best room we ever had on the worst ship.

There were issues on the ship which I hope no one encounters. The buffets were not self serve, the public bathrooms doors were blocked open, condiments were removed from the tables, and handwashing and illness announcements were made continuously, not to mention an overflowing infirmery, and carpet dryers everywhere. We now lovingly call this ship the "Puke-tory" Hahahaha.:cool:

My DH and I were on the Victory for our Honeymoon in 2002. We booked a gaurantee balcony, and were upgraded to the cat. 11. The balcony was about 50% larger then the standard balcony, and the bathroom was large. We loved the jacuzzi tub! IMHO it is worth the $250 pp extra. Enjoy!

Archived