What to do if it rains?

Mommyof1

Forgive me if this is a dumb question. We'll be in Cozumel on Monday. The forecast shows 60% chance of rain. Is Cozumel like Florida and it always has rain in the forecast? Just wondering if we should expect to spend the day at the beach or look for something else? We were going to book the Jeep excursion, but I'm worried about having to pay if we deceide to cancel. Am I just worried about nothing?

Thanks,

Jen

All the people who have worried this year about weather forecasts that regularly have predicted 30-70% chance of rain.

We have had approximately 4 inches of rain since January 1st. Most of that total was from three rainfalls at night months ago. The whole island is desperate for rain.

If we are fortunate to get some rain this week, chances are it will last 15 minutes or less. You should be more concerned about the extreme heat we are experiencing earlier than normal.

Almost zero chance of rain affecting your plans.

We were in Cozumel in June, 2007. It was raining when we pulled into port and didn't stop all morning. :( We did walk around the covered shopping area adjacent to the pier. Our dolphin encounter was at 1:00. My daughter and I stood in the cold, pouring rain listening to instructions. Then when it was time to get into the water, the rain stopped and didn't start again that day. :) Anyway, it does sometimes rain there. We are going back in June and hope for sunny skies this time around. :p

Archived