what to expect from zipline excursion?

cones09

we would like to do one of the zipline excursions in southern carribean in july. it's listed as VERY physical. my question - is there a lot of walking/hiking prior to the zipline or are we on a jeep until zipline? My back doesn't like it when i stand or walk for long periods of time. other than than, it's not restrictive. your thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

DH and I did ziplining through Chukka Farms ship's tour (Princess) in 2007 in Jamaica. I'm sure each course is different. While we did have to walk over uneven terrain, I wouldn't call it a long or strenuous walk (just be careful you don't turn an ankle) and certainly wouldn't call it a hike. I HATE to hike! ha ha DH was 62 and I was 58 at the time. We are not athletic but in reasonably good shape. Hubby has a bad back too but the walk didn't bother him. Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

dh & i have done the zip line in mobay and O.R. and we loved it!!!!

While it really is not horribly exhausting, keep in mind you are in a jungle and it rains....the ground is well graded to drain the water and paths are easily navigable but there is some walking up an incline and stairs (not lots)

you are standing the entire time with the exception of the actual ziplining.

it's is a FABULOUS time. my dh has had back surgery and has steel rods in his back...no problems. i have broken my ankle in 4 places and have steel plates and screws...i had no problems. just wear comfy clothes. i wore a baseball cap so when i put the helmet on, i had something in between my head and the helmet and whoever wore it before me lol.

take water, cash to buy AWESOME pics and a t-shirt--they shrink so buy big (or at least mine did)

click on the thumbnail...both pics (one in sig. line) is in chukka park mobay. if you look at our group pic, you can see the terrain.

DSCF2085.jpg.80273bb6fc861a9d84b52f9b1352c57b.jpg

Archived