Transatlantic Dress Codes

ClevelandOhio

My wife and I will be sailing East bound on Nov 5. I can not find a listing of the dress codes for our passage. All I see on the web site is that there will be a posting on board for one of the three "styles".

Is there a standard dress code schedule? We have no idea what mix of clothes to pack.

Your first night will be elegant casual (sport shirt AND jacket for men). The second and third nights will be formal and the black and white ball is usually on the second night. The fourth night is informal (suit or sport coat and tie, cocktail dress for ladies). The fifth night is formal again with the Ascot Ball held that night. The last night is elegant casual.

The balls are held in the Queen's Room after dinner. You don't have to dress in black and white for that event or in a hat for the Ascot evening though some people do. You'll love magnificent Mary!!

First and last night are business casual (sports jacket). The core part of the voyage is formal, with most wearing black tux and the women gowns/very nice dresses.

Although there are some that will wear jeans during the day, the majority are in casual slacks, like khakis and a nice casual shirt.

Paul

ClevelandOhio! Finally someone on this board who will be sailing with my husband and I on November 5th! Hello!

We're from Toronto but fly over to Cleveland often and have dinner at Braza's Brazilian restaurant! :)

Lisa

Archived