Castemola in Messina

Has anyone been to Castemola which is 3 miles west of Taormina? If so, how did you get there and is it worth it? Thanks, Miriam

I haven't been there yet, but I have a private tour planned and he assures me that we will have time to see both Taormina and Castelmola. Sorry,, I don't know about any public transportation.

Yes, it is worth it for great views. Had lunch outdoors at the back of a restaurant looking west. Went by city bus from Taormina. Short ride up. Consider walking down the well-paved switch-backed pathway which ends in the residential streets above the "center" of Taormina.

The views are great!

If you should take the public bus from Taormina besure to check the schedules. When we were there in 2005 they didn't run during the middle of the day, noon to 3:00 PM maybe. We got a taxi to return to Taormina for 15euro for the taxi.

Yes, it is worth it for great views. Had lunch outdoors at the back of a restaurant looking west. Went by city bus from Taormina. Short ride up. Consider walking down the well-paved switch-backed pathway which ends in the residential streets above the "center" of Taormina.

Thanks so much for the helpful information.

We're looking for a good restaurant with a view, would you recommend the one you went to? Do you remember the name?

Thanks

Archived